NHL Discussion (Other than Jets)

Started by AngryGreg, January 26, 2014, 04:25:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AngryGreg

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on March 24, 2014, 01:19:53 PM
David Clarkson was also hurt for how many games...? A lot.
no...he was hurt for a few games...he was suspended for the rest of them
DONT RUSH ME!! IM ON BLUE BOMBER TIME!!!

blue_gold_84

Quote from: AngryGreg on March 24, 2014, 04:30:53 PM
no...he was hurt for a few games...he was suspended for the rest of them

He's missed 23 games this season. Didn't he miss 12 due to suspension? That's still 11 missed due to injury.

Needless to say, the Leafs are in a tailspin.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

galeforce

k, this is pretty sad, even for Leafs fans

April Reimer, the wife of Maple Leafs goalie James Reimer, became the cruel target of various Twitters users over the weekend.

Maple Leafs forward Tyler Bozak defended April Reimer, who has taken abuse from people critical of her husband's play in the Leaf goal in recent weeks.

"I think this is pretty low and pretty sad," the Maple Leaf forward said about the abusive tweets sent to April in the last two days.

http://www.thestar.com/sports/hockey/2014/03/24/april_reimer_wife_of_maple_leaf_james_reimer_attacked_on_twitter.html

blue_gold_84

Reimer hasn't played well recently but the team as a whole hasn't, especially on the back end. Their defensive game is pretty much non-existent.

Reminds me of Jets fans who crap on the goalies here when they struggle.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

AngryGreg

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on March 24, 2014, 04:46:46 PM
He's missed 23 games this season. Didn't he miss 12 due to suspension? That's still 11 missed due to injury.

Needless to say, the Leafs are in a tailspin.
so..9 points in 51 games @ 5.25 mil cap hit is ok by you? I would want you as my GM :D

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: AngryGreg on March 24, 2014, 07:23:45 PM
so..9 points in 51 games @ 5.25 mil cap hit is ok by you? I would want you as my GM :D
MAN THAT ONE REALY REALLY STINKS.

Makes Nonis look like an idiott.

By far THE bust in last years FA. Now the leafs won't even make the playoffs to see if Clarkson is even good in that arena of play.
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

AngryGreg

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on March 24, 2014, 08:11:53 PM
MAN THAT ONE REALY REALLY STINKS.

Makes Nonis look like an idiott.

By far THE bust in last years FA. Now the leafs won't even make the playoffs to see if Clarkson is even good in that arena of play.

still a slim chance they can make it

GOLDMEMBER

blue_gold_84

I didn't say it was good, did I? Clarkson has been a huge disappointment this season. Only a fool would argue that.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

AngryGreg

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on March 24, 2014, 11:36:53 PM
I didn't say it was good, did I? Clarkson has been a huge disappointment this season. Only a fool would argue that.

no..its just sounds like your making excuses for his poor play

blue_gold_84

Quote from: AngryGreg on March 25, 2014, 10:22:12 PM
no..its just sounds like your making excuses for his poor play

Haha, not at all. I'd never make an excuse for anyone wearing a Leafs jersey. I just think his being injured was a factor. ;)
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

buckzumhoff

Phaneuf is playing poorly. . Carlyle will be fired after this.  He picks on his goaltender but doesnt say anything about his poor defense. Blaming one player for a 6 game losing streak?  come on.  Why didnt Bernier win the last game? Wasnt it a 5-3 game. Bernier should only let in 2 goals.

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: Buckzumhoff on March 29, 2014, 12:15:38 PM
Phaneuf is playing poorly. . Carlyle will be fired after this.  He picks on his goaltender but doesnt say anything about his poor defense. Blaming one player for a 6 game losing streak?  come on.  Why didnt Bernier win the last game? Wasnt it a 5-3 game. Bernier should only let in 2 goals.
why this testament now? What did Kitty say last night?

buckzumhoff

Just seen the highlights Phaneuf giving up the puck . Carlyle didnt say anything lately . But he sounds like he's putting alot of blame on the backup goaltender, Reimer.  The team goes with Bernier and theres another loss. I dont think goalttending is the problem, its the defense and some of the forwards they use too much, Carlyle plays too many players that are just grinders.

sweep the leg

He's certainly no Joe Pavelski...