NHL Discussion (Other than Jets)

Started by AngryGreg, January 26, 2014, 04:25:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sweep the leg

Quote from: Colton on March 04, 2015, 06:14:55 PM
The fans first comment I can see on here is humorous to me and responding to a high profile athlete threatening him with a lawsuit over something stupid written on the internet. Or are you talking about what spawned this conversation. I haven't seen that comment/message

Lupul should know better to get into pissing matches with people over social media. He sounds like a 12 year old kid.

It must be what started the conversation. The comment I'm referring to was this guy talking about how Lupul and Avery "wrecked" Phaneuf's wife. 

Colton

Quote from: sweep the leg on March 04, 2015, 06:37:22 PM
It must be what started the conversation. The comment I'm referring to was this guy talking about how Lupul and Avery "wrecked" Phaneuf's wife. 

Hadn't seen that, just the responses from that image. Immature comments from an immature person no doubt. Still don't like Lupul's response to it either.

GOLDMEMBER

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

AngryGreg

Quote from: Colton on March 04, 2015, 02:21:08 PM
I've heard a lot of people say this. I don't think there is anything wrong with this line of view but in terms of players going down in history I don't see Toews ahead of Crosby. Crosby will go into history books as a generational talent along the lines of Gretzky and Lemieux. He saved an NHL franchise, he won a cup, his trophy room is packed, he's posted insane numbers (1.37P per game) over the span of his career while dealing with concussion issues among other injuries. He scored the OT goal to capture Olympic Gold on home ice, nobody who watched that game is going to forget that goal.

Toews is incredible, he's accomplished a few of the things above, he's accomplished some things Crosby hasn't, but I don't see history remembering him in the realm of players like Gretzky and Lemieux.

he'll go down that way becuase the hockey world shoves him down our throats every chance they get
DONT RUSH ME!! IM ON BLUE BOMBER TIME!!!

GOLDMEMBER

This Cuthbert thing is awesome.

Screw TO "come play in Wpg we have a budding program of success!"

Maybe we can scoop Lupul ;D

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: sweep the leg on March 04, 2015, 06:37:22 PM
sloppy seconds if you will. I think I quote Avery on that one, lol.

blue_gold_84

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on March 04, 2015, 07:00:52 PM
This Cuthbert thing is awesome.

Screw TO "come play in Wpg we have a budding program of success!"

Maybe we can scoop Lupul ;D

Ugh... No. Just no.

The Maple Leafs' season is just a nightmare.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

Colton

Quote from: AngryGreg on March 04, 2015, 06:59:38 PM
he'll go down that way becuase the hockey world shoves him down our throats every chance they get

Because he is the best player in the game, that's generally how most sports work.

AngryGreg

Quote from: Colton on March 04, 2015, 07:26:19 PM
Because he is the best player in the game, that's generally how most sports work.

in your opinion he is

Colton

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on March 04, 2015, 06:57:44 PM
hmmmm NO not lately

Lately, last few years, entire careers, any time frame you want to use.

blue_gold_84

#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

AngryGreg

AngryGreg

Those are all opinion based as well