NHL Discussion (Other than Jets)

Started by AngryGreg, January 26, 2014, 04:25:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colton

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on March 04, 2015, 02:23:29 PM
take those stats and shove it! Its about the play on the ice that counts. ;)

Toews is better than Ladd on the ice.

sweep the leg

Quote from: Colton on March 04, 2015, 02:14:44 PM

Using Mud's line of thinking, I would take Ladd over Koivu and Chara as well. Ladd definitely has more upside left in his career and will be playing and is younger than either of them. At the same time though I wouldn't call Filip Forsberg a better player than Jaromir Jagr even though I'd clearly take Filip any day of the week.

Regardless, even with those Ladd is ~16th only counting captains which is the greater point I was trying to make.

I knew what your point was, and I more or less agree with it. I just wanted to add my $.02 to the listing.

You think Jagr has been better than Forsberg this season?

GOLDMEMBER

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: sweep the leg on March 04, 2015, 02:26:21 PM
I knew what your point was, and I more or less agree with it. I just wanted to add my $.02 to the listing.

no just no
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

Colton

No, not at all.

theaardvark

Which Forsberg?  The one Jagr played against for years, or the rookie?  Because, based on this year only, Jagr is better than one of those...
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

New_Earth_Mud

Quote from: Colton on March 04, 2015, 02:21:08 PM
I've heard a lot of people say this. I don't think there is anything wrong with this line of view but in terms of players going down in history I don't see Toews ahead of Crosby. Crosby will go into history books as a generational talent along the lines of Gretzky and Lemieux. He saved an NHL franchise, he won a cup, his trophy room is packed, he's posted insane numbers (1.37P per game) over the span of his career while dealing with concussion issues among other injuries. He scored the OT goal to capture Olympic Gold on home ice, nobody who watched that game is going to forget that goal.

Toews is incredible, he's accomplished a few of the things above, he's accomplished some things Crosby hasn't, but I don't see history remembering him in the realm of players like Gretzky and Lemieux.

Like i said its my personal pref.

You can talk numbers and all that its all fine, but if im starting a team and i need a leader i want Toews over Crosby every day.
#35.... The Godfather of Swag

Colton

Quote from: New_Earth_Mud on March 04, 2015, 02:36:52 PM
Like i said its my personal pref.

You can talk numbers and all that its all fine, but if im starting a team and i need a leader i want Toews over Crosby every day.

I know, I said that's a popular opinion. I don't disagree with it. I was just pointing out there is a difference between who you would want as a GM, and the distinction of what history will say about each of these players. They're too completely different topics.

Colton

Quote from: theaardvark on March 04, 2015, 02:33:14 PM
Which Forsberg?  The one Jagr played against for years, or the rookie?  Because, based on this year only, Jagr is better than one of those...

Anton.

New_Earth_Mud

Colton

Lupul is now trying to arrange fist fights with fans over Instagram.

https://twitter.com/opdogg1984/status/573072054993489920/photo/1

The fan he is responding to is also hilarious, The 1v1 CoD challenge has me cracking up.

sweep the leg

Quote from: Colton on March 04, 2015, 05:57:51 PM
Lupul is now trying to arrange fist fights with fans over Instagram.

https://twitter.com/opdogg1984/status/573072054993489920/photo/1

The fan he is responding to is also hilarious, The 1v1 CoD challenge has me cracking up.
The fan's first post is terrible, which negates any humour he may display later on. Lupul needs to be smart enough to not engage people like this.

Can you block people on instagram? That would be the smart move...

Colton

Quote from: sweep the leg on March 04, 2015, 06:06:27 PM
The fan's first post is terrible, which negates any humour he may display later on. Lupul needs to be smart enough to not engage people like this.

Can you block people on instagram? That would be the smart move...

The fans first comment I can see on here is humorous to me and responding to a high profile athlete threatening him with a lawsuit over something stupid written on the internet. Or are you talking about what spawned this conversation. I haven't seen that comment/message

Lupul should know better to get into pissing matches with people over social media. He sounds like a 12 year old kid.

New_Earth_Mud

Quote from: Colton on March 04, 2015, 06:14:55 PM
The fans first comment I can see on here is humorous to me and responding to a high profile athlete threatening him with a lawsuit over something stupid written on the internet. Or are you talking about what spawned this conversation. I haven't seen that comment/message

Lupul should know better to get into pissing matches with people over social media. He sounds like a 12 year old kid.

Me thinks Lupul has lost his mind.