NHL Discussion (Other than Jets)

Started by AngryGreg, January 26, 2014, 04:25:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AngryGreg

DONT RUSH ME!! IM ON BLUE BOMBER TIME!!!

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: Colton on March 02, 2015, 08:31:14 PM
It said he wants Lupul to stay with the Leafs because he slept with Phaneuf's wife.
lol sweeeeet! Gotta be fun to be a bud! LoL

That's almost as bad as Lindros being traded away from the Flyers because he slept with Brind'amour's wife!

lol

I applaud TSN for having it on the ticker and providing such great entertainment!
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

galeforce

The Blackhawks locker room is in disarray because of off-ice issues. Players are fighting for random reasons that have nothing to do with internal discord.

Whatever has caused these rumors or what they mean, Chicago defenseman Duncan Keith has decided to join the chorus of Chicago players spouting off on the issue.

https://ca.sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck-daddy/blackhawks-fire-back-at-rumors-on-locker-room-discord-182911311.html

AngryGreg

Quote from: galeforce on March 02, 2015, 11:45:02 PM

The Blackhawks locker room is in disarray because of off-ice issues. Players are fighting for random reasons that have nothing to do with internal discord.

Whatever has caused these rumors or what they mean, Chicago defenseman Duncan Keith has decided to join the chorus of Chicago players spouting off on the issue.

https://ca.sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck-daddy/blackhawks-fire-back-at-rumors-on-locker-room-discord-182911311.html

i dont understand this  :D
DONT RUSH ME!! IM ON BLUE BOMBER TIME!!!

Colton

Quote from: galeforce on March 02, 2015, 11:45:02 PM

The locker room rumours about the Blackhawks/Sharp are pretty severe.

Jesse

Quote from: Colton on March 03, 2015, 12:00:45 AM
The locker room rumours about the Blackhawks/Sharp are pretty severe.

Yet we still can't close the gap on those 5 points.
My wife is amazing!

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: Jesse on March 03, 2015, 04:17:51 PM
they are still quite talented.

New_Earth_Mud

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on March 03, 2015, 07:33:39 PM
they are still quite talented.

Might just prove why Toews is the best leader/captain/player  in the NHL

After all the media crap.....  Picked them up and carried them to a W
#35.... The Godfather of Swag

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: New_Earth_Mud on March 03, 2015, 08:17:59 PM
Might just prove why Toews is the best leader/captain/player  in the NHL

After all the media crap.....  Picked them up and carried them to a W
is he better than Ladd, now?

I say no. Make sure you know I said now. Ladd is more consistent scoring hits like a mad man and leads by true example. towers had a good game last night a deals by example as well but O think Ladd is a little more of a better package now.

Colton

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on March 03, 2015, 09:00:20 PM

I say no. Make sure you know I said now. Ladd is more consistent scoring hits like a mad man and leads by true example. towers had a good game last night a deals by example as well but O think Ladd is a little more of a better package now.

Toews is a top 5 forward in the NHL, Ladd isn't a comparable IMO.

Even if you go by just scoring, the splits are 22G 30A 52P in 64G for Ladd and 21G 32A 53P in 64G for Toews this season,  674GP 183G 227A 410P for Ladd in his career and 548GP 216G 277A 493P for Toews in his career. Carrers in the playoffs are 53GP 8G 7A 15P for Ladd, 94GP 29G 52A 81P for Toews.

So Toews is a better option than Ladd offensively, the competition isn't even close defensively. Toews is a perennial Selke nominee and arguably one of the best defensive forwards in the game. He is a beast on faceoffs

Toews is also one of the most clutch forwards in the NHL since he was drafted. Easily the best leader in the NHL, has won 2 cups, and a Conn Smythe on top of that.    

blue_gold_84

Quote from: Jesse on March 03, 2015, 04:17:51 PM

I was really thinking the Canes would take it to them last night. But the Hawks rallied and won. Blah. :-\

Is Toews better than Ladd...? Unequivocally, yes. Toews is a top player in the NHL and has elite status. Ladd is a solid captain but his talent and leadership are nowhere close to what Toews brings to the tables.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

Colton

Just to add, Toews was ranked the #2 NHL player going into this season by NHL GM's, NHL coaches, and TSN 'experts'

http://www.tsn.ca/crosby-tops-tsn-hockey-s-top-50-nhl-players-1.94060

Ladd did not make the list, which lists the top 50 players.

I would definitely agree that Toews is the second best forward in the NHL (I'd rank him 4th in players behind Crosby, Price, and Doughty).

GOLDMEMBER

Blah blah blah Ladd is better RIGHT NOW as my post states

New_Earth_Mud

Not doubting Ladd at all.

Pretty safe to say Toews is the best in the game.
#35.... The Godfather of Swag

theaardvark

Deadspin ‏@Deadspin
Joffrey Lupul, Dion Phaneuf, and Elisha Cuthbert want an apology and cash from TSN for airing a joke tweet: http://deadsp.in/1ZyQcrs
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.