NHL Discussion (Other than Jets)

Started by AngryGreg, January 26, 2014, 04:25:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colton

Quote from: AngryGreg on February 26, 2015, 11:26:27 PM
he was...when he played with kovalchuk and parise lol....but too be fair, he was much better in a devils uni then ever was with the leafs  :P

He was never better than Pavelski, it's not even close.

During Clarkson's best season (which wasn't even very good) he had 30G and 16A. That same season Pavelski posted 31G and 30A. The point totals for Clarkson in his seasons leading up to that year from least to most recent were 22, 32, 24, and 18. Pavelski in that time frame had 40, 59, 51, and 66. Pavelski had also won a silver medal in the Olympics by this time as a premier American forward.

Since then Clarkson has become a negative value player, while Pavelski is on his way to consecutive 40 goal seasons (Clarkson has a grand total of 30 since '11-'12), scored more goals than any other player in 2014, and is an elite player in this league.

Saying he was at any point in his career better than Pavelski is preposterous.

Colton

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on February 27, 2015, 07:55:09 PM
For those interested in advanced hockey stats, this website is a pretty extensive resource and offers a mountain of information:

http://war-on-ice.com/

You can even put your own charts/tables together using specific players or teams.

I feel like you probably already know this but I'll say it for others on here. WOI and Greg Sinclair are working together to create a replacement for CapGeek. You can see the super early result of this collaboration in the cap section of this site. Both parties are going to have their own site for the information but the data will be shared. Give these guys some time and we should have a good alternative to CapGeek (Hopefully one of the two parties is working on a new UI too ;) )

AngryGreg

Quote from: Colton on February 27, 2015, 08:26:51 PM
He was never better than Pavelski, it's not even close.

During Clarkson's best season (which wasn't even very good) he had 30G and 16A. That same season Pavelski posted 31G and 30A. The point totals for Clarkson in his seasons leading up to that year from least to most recent were 22, 32, 24, and 18. Pavelski in that time frame had 40, 59, 51, and 66. Pavelski had also won a silver medal in the Olympics by this time as a premier American forward.

Since then Clarkson has become a negative value player, while Pavelski is on his way to consecutive 40 goal seasons (Clarkson has a grand total of 30 since '11-'12), scored more goals than any other player in 2014, and is an elite player in this league.

Saying he was at any point in his career better than Pavelski is preposterous.

thats fine...im not gonna internet argue over 2 players i have zero interest in
DONT RUSH ME!! IM ON BLUE BOMBER TIME!!!

Colton

Quote from: AngryGreg on February 28, 2015, 04:47:10 PM
thats fine...im not gonna internet argue over 2 players i have zero interest in

There is no argument.

SaxonMiller11

Quote from: Colton on February 27, 2015, 08:37:14 PM
I feel like you probably already know this but I'll say it for others on here. WOI and Greg Sinclair are working together to create a replacement for CapGeek. You can see the super early result of this collaboration in the cap section of this site. Both parties are going to have their own site for the information but the data will be shared. Give these guys some time and we should have a good alternative to CapGeek (Hopefully one of the two parties is working on a new UI too ;) )

But advanced stats are laaaaaame. No offence Colton. CapGeek rules.
Go Bombers!

Colton

Quote from: SaxonMiller11 on February 28, 2015, 09:21:27 PM
But advanced stats are laaaaaame. No offence Colton. CapGeek rules.

I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not.

I also don't know if you know this or not, but CapGeek no longer exists. So the fact that very talented and connected people are working on a replacement is a very good thing. Unless you enjoy sites like NHL Numbers and their often times incorrect salary numbers.

New_Earth_Mud

Quote from: Colton on February 28, 2015, 06:03:52 PM
There is no argument.

People are allowed to have a different opinion then yours.

Yet im sure you dont care and will continue to think only yours matters.

Avg fans and their opinions dont matter and are wrong so they might as well just shut up. There is no possible way you can be wrong or accept another opinion.

Well except for that afterburner thing....  Way off and not even close to being correct.

You still wont admit your wrong about that..
#35.... The Godfather of Swag

theaardvark

Vermette to Chi for a First and a prospect.  Joins Timonen in the newly acquired pile. 
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

Colton

Quote from: New_Earth_Mud on March 01, 2015, 12:38:18 AM
People are allowed to have a different opinion then yours.

Yet im sure you dont care and will continue to think only yours matters.

Avg fans and their opinions dont matter and are wrong so they might as well just shut up. There is no possible way you can be wrong or accept another opinion.

Well except for that afterburner thing....  Way off and not even close to being correct.

You still wont admit your wrong about that..

John Scott is a more talented hockey player than anyone under contract with the Winnipeg Jets. Not even close, blows them all out of the water.

Jockitch

BOMBERS ARE GREY CUP " CHAMPS "

HUSTLE & MUSCLE

Jockitch

Is Boston going to overpay for a Power winger & a veteran.
Is Ottawa now going to move, though injured, Anderson because this kid Hammond has them winning 5 in a row?
San Jose is tredding so will they shake up some veterans with moves?
Love this week & finally tomorrow

HUSTLE & MUSCLE

New_Earth_Mud

HUGE game today....  need a clean 2

Go get er boys.
#35.... The Godfather of Swag

GOLDMEMBER

Mini cal and LA are breathing down our necks.
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

Jockitch

Apparently Glencross has been pulled off the practice ice & is saying bye to his teammates

H & L are saying maybe to Washington ........ done ......  but they are not as yet showing what & whom goes back

HUSTLE & MUSCLE

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: Jockitch on March 01, 2015, 05:15:57 PM
Apparently Glencross has been pulled off the practice ice & is saying bye to his teammates

H & L are saying maybe to Washington
good Calgary getting weaker. I guess I guess what comes back in return. Washington likely not giving up any real active roster talent. Maybe a jay beagle at best?
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!