NHL Discussion (Other than Jets)

Started by AngryGreg, January 26, 2014, 04:25:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nic16

Good move by Nash. They obviously feel they are a true SC contender, and bringing in Franson to shore up their 3rd pairing and a guy like Santorelli for the top 9 is a real nice addition to an already solid lineup.

galeforce

CHICAGO - Former NHL defenseman Steve Montador was found unconscious in his home in Mississauga, Ontario, early Sunday morning and was later pronounced dead, according to the Peel Region Police.

No foul play was suspected.

Montador last played in the NHL for the Chicago Blackhawks during the 2011-12 season. He missed the 2012-13 season recovering from a concussion. He said he battled depression as a physical symptom of the brain injury.

http://nypost.com/2015/02/15/nhls-steve-montador-dead-at-35-was-depressed-after-concussion/

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: galeforce on February 15, 2015, 11:02:42 PM
CHICAGO - Former NHL defenseman Steve Montador was found unconscious in his home in Mississauga, Ontario, early Sunday morning and was later pronounced dead, according to the Peel Region Police.

No foul play was suspected.

Montador last played in the NHL for the Chicago Blackhawks during the 2011-12 season. He missed the 2012-13 season recovering from a concussion. He said he battled depression as a physical symptom of the brain injury.

http://nypost.com/2015/02/15/nhls-steve-montador-dead-at-35-was-depressed-after-concussion/
RIP very curious to know how this could happen to such a young guy?
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

blue_gold_84

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on February 16, 2015, 03:23:01 PM
RIP very curious to know how this could happen to such a young guy?

Some reports have said he'd been dealing with post-concussion syndromes and battling depression. I'm sure more will come to light as the investigation unfolds.

RIP, Steve. Another tragic loss to the hockey community. :'(
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

Colton

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on February 16, 2015, 04:38:39 PM
Some reports have said he'd been dealing with post-concussion syndromes and battling depression. I'm sure more will come to light as the investigation unfolds.

RIP, Steve. Another tragic loss to the hockey community. :'(

Darryl Sutter, who was very close to Montador, seemed to suggest this as well.

Regardless, it's a very sad situation.

Ziggy66

BREAKING: #Sens sign defenceman Marc Methot to a four-year contract extension. pic.twitter.com/rie8Z8NXHM
? Ottawa Senators (@Senators) February 16, 2015

another big Dman name off the trade block now. maybe we will see some trades this deadline.

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: Colton on February 16, 2015, 05:14:08 PM
Darryl Sutter, who was very close to Montador, seemed to suggest this as well.

Regardless, it's a very sad situation.
It could potentially be another one of those brain injury situations.

It will be interesting to see what happened to the poor guy.

Jockitch

By the end of this weekend if a few teams have lost extra ground & have accepted it is not happening this year ....... then the moves should start

Case in point ..... in the past week heard that Lou was still deeming NJ in the playoff hunt ...... with a dash of reality NJ should be dealing

Coyotes should be moving Yandle, 28 yrs old, & Vermette at 32, soon, with a large number of youngsters on the horizon, why not get another 1st round pick.
Boston may get an offer for "old" Chara & why not sweeten the pot with the goalie Subban thrown in to get a top 6 forward & draft pick
Ottawa should dangle Macarthur & Wiercioch, Florida needs to move Fleischmann, Bergenheim & over payed Jussi Jokinen ..... good luck there

A mere splattering of what may turn to facts or just remain fantasy
BOMBERS ARE GREY CUP " CHAMPS "

HUSTLE & MUSCLE

New_Earth_Mud

Quote from: Jockitch on February 16, 2015, 08:59:41 PM
By the end of this weekend if a few teams have lost extra ground & have accepted it is not happening this year ....... then the moves should start

Case in point ..... in the past week heard that Lou was still deeming NJ in the playoff hunt ...... with a dash of reality NJ should be dealing

Coyotes should be moving Yandle, 28 yrs old, & Vermette at 32, soon, with a large number of youngsters on the horizon, why not get another 1st round pick.
Boston may get an offer for "old" Chara & why not sweeten the pot with the goalie Subban thrown in to get a top 6 forward & draft pick
Ottawa should dangle Macarthur & Wiercioch, Florida needs to move Fleischmann, Bergenheim & over payed Jussi Jokinen ..... good luck there

A mere splattering of what may turn to facts or just remain fantasy

Going to be a fun couple weeks im thinking.
#35.... The Godfather of Swag

GOLDMEMBER

Yep likely lots on movement upcoming. If Chevy makes a move like that could you envision what other more "movers and shakers" type GMs are thinking? Yikes.

New_Earth_Mud

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on February 16, 2015, 09:56:00 PM
Yep likely lots on movement upcoming. If Chevy makes a move like that could you envision what other more "movers and shakers" type GMs are thinking? Yikes.

My guess is Chevy is done with trades this year.

I think we will see Armia up here.

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: New_Earth_Mud on February 16, 2015, 10:01:36 PM
My guess is Chevy is done with trades this year.

I think we will see Armia up here.
oh ya Chevy is done like yesterday's greasy burger! I think the smart move is to stand pat even know forward depth would be welcomed.

We got lots of high picks super prospect depth and a very good line up. Arnia, I'd love to see what he's got. Depth scoring for the 3rd 4th  wheel.

New_Earth_Mud

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on February 16, 2015, 10:10:57 PM
oh ya Chevy is done like yesterday's greasy burger! I think the smart move is to stand pat even know forward depth would be welcomed.

We got lots of high picks super prospect depth and a very good line up. Arnia, I'd love to see what he's got. Depth scoring for the 3rd 4th  wheel.

MMMMMMMMMMMMMM  yesterdays greasy burger.

I think we go with what we got and hope for a playoff spot. Like you said we have lots of talent coming up and thats what we will depend on. When our team changes it will be from the guys we are developing and not trades.

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: New_Earth_Mud on February 16, 2015, 10:25:09 PM

MMMMMMMMMMMMMM  yesterdays greasy burger.

I think we go with what we got and hope for a playoff spot. Like you said we have lots of talent coming up and thats what we will depend on. When our team changes it will be from the guys we are developing and not trades.
lol

So true

theaardvark

Can you imagine landing Chara?  Opposing forwards having to face Buff, Chara or Myles every shift in front of the net...
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.