The GAMING Thread

Started by blue_gold_84, August 16, 2012, 12:48:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SaxonMiller11

Quote from: Jets on June 17, 2013, 08:31:54 PM
anyone here play civ V? I hadn't previously, but the other day I saw it on steam with all the expansions for 49 bucks.  Couldn't pass up the chance to try it out, so far it's very good.  Will likely tide me over until NHL 14/GTA this fall.

I absolutely cannot get enough of it. I'm studying to become a geography major and history minor in University so it is really up my ally in terms of video games that are not sport-related.
Go Bombers!

Ziggy66

any one pick up gtaV last night? getting it after work. so stoked! from the reviews I have read it sounds like it is going to be the game of the year.

AngryGreg

game looks so awesome.......gonna wait and hope that its a boxing day special this year lol
DONT RUSH ME!! IM ON BLUE BOMBER TIME!!!

blue_gold_84

Quote from: Ziggy66 on September 17, 2013, 01:30:52 PM
any one pick up gtaV last night? getting it after work. so stoked! from the reviews I have read it sounds like it is going to be the game of the year.

I only played GTA V for a few hours on Friday night so I'd have to play it more to be sure but I think it's definitely up there for GOTY.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

Duckman118

I have never been a huge fan of GTA games, but GTA V is loads of fun. I was never able to get in to the GTA IV campaign and only played it for the multiplayer, but GTA V's campaign is by far the best one of the series. Multiplayer will be even better.
"There is a conviction,
when you believe above,
absence leaks from inside,
and brings you back to life again,
I fear an emptiness,
so I just seek the truth,
then I just find myself,
coming back to you."

-Texas In July

blue_gold_84

Picked up Beyond: Two Souls on Tuesday. Very interesting game, similar in style and gameplay to Heavy Rain but a better storyline, IMO. Even though it is a bit harder to follow... The graphics are incredible and the main character is played Ellen Page. She does a really good job, too. Willem Dafoe is also in it.

Much like Heavy Rain, it is a very cinematic and visual game. If you liked Heavy Rain, I think you'll like this game.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

theedge204

i got GTA 5

great game, but at the same time

id rather play COD or NHL even.

GTA is cool and addicting as hell tho.

Duckman118

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on October 10, 2013, 01:47:19 PM
Picked up Beyond: Two Souls on Tuesday. Very interesting game, similar in style and gameplay to Heavy Rain but a better storyline, IMO. Even though it is a bit harder to follow... The graphics are incredible and the main character is played Ellen Page. She does a really good job, too. Willem Dafoe is also in it.

Much like Heavy Rain, it is a very cinematic and visual game. If you liked Heavy Rain, I think you'll like this game.
I've been hearing such mixed reactions on this game. A good portion say it's great while a bigger portion say it's bad.
"There is a conviction,
when you believe above,
I fear an emptiness,
then I just find myself,
coming back to you."

-Texas In July

blue_gold_84

Quote from: Duckman118 on October 15, 2013, 09:50:09 PM
I've been hearing such mixed reactions on this game. A good portion say it's great while a bigger portion say it's bad.

Yeah, the reviews have been decidedly mixed. Much like Heavy Rain, which got rave reviews by some and horrible ones by others. If you played Heavy Rain and enjoyed it, though, I'm positive you'll enjoy Beyond: Two Souls.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

blue_gold_84

Anyone else pick up a PS4?
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

Duckman118

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on November 16, 2013, 07:31:56 PM
Anyone else pick up a PS4?
Nope, I'm picking up the Xbone next week. The PS4's launch lineup is awful and XBox live has always been the superior destination for multiplayer gaming.
I'll probably get the PS4 sometime next summer though, I don't want to miss out on any great games this gen.
"There is a conviction,
when you believe above,
I fear an emptiness,
then I just find myself,
coming back to you."

-Texas In July

blue_gold_84

Quote from: Duckman118 on November 17, 2013, 10:43:55 PM
Nope, I'm picking up the Xbone next week. The PS4's launch lineup is awful and XBox live has always been the superior destination for multiplayer gaming.
I'll probably get the PS4 sometime next summer though, I don't want to miss out on any great games this gen.

A lot of launch games for both consoles were pushed back. Aside from Forza 5 and Ryse, what other exclusives are there worth mentioning? And PS4 did get Killzone but the list of launch titles for both consoles are far from impressive.

Hard to compare free online to paying for it, though. But Playstation Network has come a long way recently. Now that users have to pay to use PSN, that should only lead to more improvements and a better experience.

There are so many good games on the horizon. 2014 is going to be an exciting year for console games.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

Duckman118

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on November 17, 2013, 11:40:39 PM
A lot of launch games for both consoles were pushed back. Aside from Forza 5 and Ryse, what other exclusives are there worth mentioning? And PS4 did get Killzone but the list of launch titles for both consoles are far from impressive.

Hard to compare free online to paying for it, though. But Playstation Network has come a long way recently. Now that users have to pay to use PSN, that should only lead to more improvements and a better experience.

There are so many good games on the horizon. 2014 is going to be an exciting year for console games.
Oh having to pay for PSN should do wonders for it for sure. And you're right, 2014 is going to be crazy. Can't wait.
"There is a conviction,
when you believe above,
I fear an emptiness,
then I just find myself,
coming back to you."

-Texas In July

blue_gold_84

#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

MMM Beer

How is your XB1 working Duckman? Heard alot of them are broken but lots of that could be made up fallout from the system wars.
Its okay if you disagree with me. I can't force you to be right.