The GAMING Thread

Started by blue_gold_84, August 16, 2012, 12:48:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

So_Bombed

Quote from: XxBMW85xX on September 06, 2012, 09:31:49 PM
Video games are just as much an art as music and movies are.

I love Multiplayer FPS games. I have put an enormous amount of hours into them. I'm likely much younger than you, but I can almost guarantee you have only put in a fraction of the amount of time I have into playing them.

If you are using popularity as the sole factor of what makes a good game, and claim video games are solely to entertain, there is no point in even trying to get anything through to you

You're probably right about the time because I play games from all genres.  Not to say I haven't been putting a massive amount of time into FPS's ever since Wolfenstein... Because I have.  Obviously this is just subjective and I know you think your opinion is the only correct one.  But i'd love to hear what made Halo 3 a "terrible" game in your opinion.  The campaign was awesome, especially co-op, and the multiplayer was unbelievably fun.  I just can't see what was wrong with that game to call it terrible.

Ziggy66

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on September 06, 2012, 11:26:40 PM
Agreed. Video games are no less artistic than music, movies, painting, etc.

The popularity of a game doesn't quantify how good or bad it is. Certain genres appeal to the masses more than others but that has nothing to do with the quality of a game.

Some good points. Everyone has their own personal preference in regards to music and even video games. Some will be more main stream and gross billions and others will be great but overshadowed by another. Obviously we all like and dislike certain franchises and games and bickering will not change anyone's mind on their preference.  Example. I enjoy the MW series and believe it is a great series and more then entertaining but bioshock was just ok and I would never recommend it to anyone....boom try and change my mind...but you can't. Meaningless arguments...now pass the scotch, I need another drink.

So_Bombed

Quote from: Ziggy66 on September 07, 2012, 02:26:03 AM
Some good points. Everyone has their own personal preference in regards to music and even video games. Some will be more main stream and gross billions and others will be great but overshadowed by another. Obviously we all like and dislike certain franchises and games and bickering will not change anyone's mind on their preference.  Example. I enjoy the MW series and believe it is a great series and more then entertaining but bioshock was just ok and I would never recommend it to anyone....boom try and change my mind...but you can't. Meaningless arguments...now pass the scotch, I need another drink.

Exactly.... That's what's so ridiculous... Saying games are low quality just because they don't match their own personal preference..

blue_gold_84

Quote from: Ziggy66 on September 07, 2012, 02:26:03 AM

Sure... I'll share it. ;D

That's just my point, though. The popularity of a game or game series alone doesn't necessarily define how good or bad it is. Neither does individual preference, though. I love the MW series, as I do pretty much every COD game to date. I love campaign mode but get bored of multiplayer too quickly. Conversely, there are others who hate campaign mode but love the multiplayer.

To each his own, right?
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

So_Bombed

BBBob

Does anyone have a Blue Bomber jersey and or roster setup for Madden 13 (I'm on xbox) that they could share?

Madden 13 is the best Madden game that I have played, not perfect but great!

Also, if you want a beta key for the pc online free game Smite, I have a few left, send me your email address and I'll send a key.

Colton

Loving the skating in NHL 13.

Really hating the way superstar difficulty is done this year though. It does not feel like I'm playing against good AI, it just feels like they made my players suck more than they do on Pro/All-Star.

beautifuleyes-04

Why hasn't anyone mentioned DONKEY KONG??? Best ever.

blue_gold_84

Resident Evil 6 in five days!!! ;D ;D ;D
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

Colton

Not enough time to play both Borderlands 2 AND Torchlight 2 :(

Also, NHL 13 is awesome. I don't know if it's the game, or just luck, but of the 8-10 games I have played online against or with my friend, they have all be really close, really fun, devoid of crap goals, and the stats (shots, PIM, hits, faceoffs... even just where shots are taken and where goals are scored from) are all very realistic.

SynysterGates

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on September 27, 2012, 05:04:40 PM
Resident Evil 6 in five days!!! ;D ;D ;D

woohoo can't wait...demo was fun even though it took me far too long to figure out how to heal myself
PSN=BleedBlueAndGold

blue_gold_84

Quote from: SynysterGates on September 27, 2012, 07:03:31 PM
woohoo can't wait...demo was fun even though it took me far too long to figure out how to heal myself

Yeah, it was a little confusing getting used to the controls... After I did, though... What a blast!

The demo was pretty awesome. I seriously can't wait for the game.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

Duckman118

Anyone playing the Medal of Honor: Warfighter beta that's exclusive to Xbox?
If so hit me up, gamertag: Duckman118
"There is a conviction,
when you believe above,
absence leaks from inside,
and brings you back to life again,
I fear an emptiness,
so I just seek the truth,
then I just find myself,
coming back to you."

-Texas In July

So_Bombed

RE6 should be awesome.

Certainly a hell of a lot better than RE:Operation Raccoon City, for anyone who had the misfortune of playing that disaster.

Colton

I'll probably end up getting RE6 in a Steam sale some day, just not my style of game to be paying full price for.

I still have very fond memories of the earlier games though, I'll always remember the original as one of my favorite horror games.