The GAMING Thread

Started by blue_gold_84, August 16, 2012, 12:48:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duckman118

Quote from: Sir Blue and Gold on August 17, 2012, 06:53:03 PM
BF3 is amaaaazing.
IT IS.
I have a fun enough time with it on Xbox but I really wanna see how 64 man multiplayer is!
"There is a conviction,
when you believe above,
absence leaks from inside,
and brings you back to life again,
I fear an emptiness,
so I just seek the truth,
then I just find myself,
coming back to you."

-Texas In July

Y2C

I'm still waiting on this one.

blue_gold_84

Quote from: Y2C on August 20, 2012, 05:22:00 PM
I'm still waiting on this one.

Of course it would only be available on PS2. I hear the port to the original Xbox is currently in development. ;D

Grand Theft Combine would be more suitable, IMO.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

SynysterGates

Quote from: Sir Blue and Gold on August 16, 2012, 02:32:15 PM
Nice! I didn't play Guild Wars 1 much.

I have played in BW1 and BW2 though and I love Guild Wars 2.

Do you have a group of players you are going to play with and a server and everything? I'm solo right now!

Just got word our home server will be Sorrow's Furnace
PSN=BleedBlueAndGold

Sir Blue and Gold

Quote from: SynysterGates on August 24, 2012, 06:04:32 PM
Just got word our home server will be Sorrow's Furnace

really eh?

The game opens tonight at midnight right? I'll play tomorrow though! I'll join up on there then. Thanks!

SynysterGates

Quote from: Sir Blue and Gold on August 24, 2012, 06:56:05 PM
really eh?

The game opens tonight at midnight right? I'll play tomorrow though! I'll join up on there then. Thanks!

Midnight PDT so 2am Central...although I did hear they might open the servers a few hours earlier so the servers don't explode with everyone trying to get in at once but yup see you there

Syn.7521 is my account name
PSN=BleedBlueAndGold

Colton

Just finishing up the download for Madden 13... should be fun.

SlitherX

Any PC gamers here? If so, CSGO anyone?

xxslitherxx

Ziggy66

Quote from: XxBMW85xX on August 26, 2012, 05:02:36 AM
Just finishing up the download for Madden 13... should be fun.

How is it?

Colton

Quote from: Ziggy66 on August 26, 2012, 01:35:41 PM
How is it?

I won't comment on the actual gameplay since I'm a little mad at the game right now, but I do not think I will be buying this game on Tuesday.

Unfortunately, Madden 13 suffers from yet another case of Game Devs trying to force people into having fun the way they want people to have fun. For some absolutely idiotic reason, it has been decided that you cannot play anything other than Play Now with edited rosters. If you want to play a full season, you get to play with EA's roster updates and that's it, even in offline career.

I don't know about anyone else, but I like to either create my own team (No longer in the game), or edit the rosters and player ratings of one team to fill it up with a bunch of CFL Player/Players I like (I just spent an hour trading Hunt, Wake, Elimimian, Bilukudi, and other similar players to the Seahawks to play with Jon Ryan/Browner and put their ratings to respectable levels) and when I go to play with that team, the only way I can use it is to play single games with no meaning. The only way I can play with these players is to trade from them on an EA Sports roster Career, only to have them rated in the low 60's and unable to function like regular adults on the playing field. I swear to god, every defensive play I had in the only game I tried this, Hunt would get pushed over onto his back and flail around like a turtle within 3 seconds of the snap.

Absolutely unacceptable IMO.

Duckman118

Quote from: XxBMW85xX on August 26, 2012, 07:58:36 PM
I won't comment on the actual gameplay since I'm a little mad at the game right now, but I do not think I will be buying this game on Tuesday.

Unfortunately, Madden 13 suffers from yet another case of Game Devs trying to force people into having fun the way they want people to have fun. For some absolutely idiotic reason, it has been decided that you cannot play anything other than Play Now with edited rosters. If you want to play a full season, you get to play with EA's roster updates and that's it, even in offline career.

I don't know about anyone else, but I like to either create my own team (No longer in the game), or edit the rosters and player ratings of one team to fill it up with a bunch of CFL Player/Players I like (I just spent an hour trading Hunt, Wake, Elimimian, Bilukudi, and other similar players to the Seahawks to play with Jon Ryan/Browner and put their ratings to respectable levels) and when I go to play with that team, the only way I can use it is to play single games with no meaning. The only way I can play with these players is to trade from them on an EA Sports roster Career, only to have them rated in the low 60's and unable to function like regular adults on the playing field. I swear to god, every defensive play I had in the only game I tried this, Hunt would get pushed over onto his back and flail around like a turtle within 3 seconds of the snap.

Madden has always been overrated.
The only football game I play now is Backbreaker. It was years ahead of Madden at the time and Madden is just now starting to catch up with it. (it came out in 2008)
It's probably like $10 at EB or Bestbuy and you can play the story mode with your own team. You can make trades, edit players names, completely overhaul their jerseys/logos, draft players etc. Fun game. There is like 6 different modes you can play also.
"There is a conviction,
when you believe above,
absence leaks from inside,
and brings you back to life again,
I fear an emptiness,
so I just seek the truth,
then I just find myself,
coming back to you."

-Texas In July

Ziggy66

Quote from: XxBMW85xX on August 26, 2012, 07:58:36 PM

you talking about the demo right? As the release date for the game is the 28th. The demos for madden are usually play only...were as the actual game you can do all the edits etc.

Colton

Quote from: Ziggy66 on August 26, 2012, 08:24:15 PM
you talking about the demo right? As the release date for the game is the 28th. The demos for madden are usually play only...were as the actual game you can do all the edits etc.

I have the full version of the game. EA Sports Season Ticket... for $25 you get Madden, FIFA, NHL, and I think one other game 3 days early (Full version of the game minus the Ultimate Team modes). All of your saves carry over when you purchase the actual game on release date. You also get a discount on DLC and a bunch of Ultimate team packs or something like that, I forget what else is included alongside the early releases.

It may seem a little excessive to pay $25 just to play a game 3 days early when you have to buy the full game on release, but in this case I think it's cheaper when I find out the only reason I play these games is not included and saves me the $60 price tag.

Colton

Another thing I hate about Career mode which I just encountered, is when you want to play as just a single player you create, be ready to spend an excessive amount of time in practice trying to raise your rating if your favorite team has good players in the position you want to play. All I want to do is be a RB on the Seahawks, but I have to spend 8 months practicing to get pointless XP to raise my rating... I understand this may be fun for some people, but honestly, give people an OPTION on how to play the game, don't force your gameplay down the users throats.

Removing this god awful thing so I can try out the NCAA 13 demo.

Ziggy66

Cool. So how are the graphics, physics and over all game play compared to last years madden? Is there a huge improvement or kind of just NHL style were a few things are changed or tweaked each year?