The GAMING Thread

Started by blue_gold_84, August 16, 2012, 12:48:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duckman118

Quote from: MMM Beer on November 23, 2013, 08:52:53 PM
How is your XB1 working Duckman? Heard alot of them are broken but lots of that could be made up fallout from the system wars.
It's great, loving it so far. Have been gaming hard to battlefield 4 and it's just great. The dashboard and the snap feature are probably the most convenient things to have. And to answer the broken console thing, no I have not had any issues with it yet. Iv heard of some disc tray issues but that's about it. Great console so far
"There is a conviction,
when you believe above,
absence leaks from inside,
and brings you back to life again,
I fear an emptiness,
so I just seek the truth,
then I just find myself,
coming back to you."

-Texas In July

MMM Beer

Good to hear. Looking forward to getting my hands on one of these bad boys.
Its okay if you disagree with me. I can't force you to be right.

trapper

I haven't done any gaming in a long time...but heard a bunch of my staff in Ontario are plannning on getting PS4s.....so I'm gonna have to go out and get one too so I can keep track of them  ;D

blue_gold_84

Quote from: trapper on November 24, 2013, 04:46:20 PM
I haven't done any gaming in a long time...but heard a bunch of my staff in Ontario are plannning on getting PS4s.....so I'm gonna have to go out and get one too so I can keep track of them  ;D

Do it. And download Resogun. It's a super fun indie game.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

trapper

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on November 26, 2013, 03:37:27 PM
Do it. And download Resogun. It's a super fun indie game.

That will be the new thing for me to explore.  I had pretty much every main console up to and including PS2 ... then I got a Wii...then I stopped.   The downloading games to a console and the online presence will all be new.

I'm thinking I may wait a couple months to ensure all main bugs are ironed out.

blue_gold_84

Quote from: trapper on November 26, 2013, 04:18:15 PM
That will be the new thing for me to explore.  I had pretty much every main console up to and including PS2 ... then I got a Wii...then I stopped.   The downloading games to a console and the online presence will all be new.

I'm thinking I may wait a couple months to ensure all main bugs are ironed out.

That's an approach many people are taking - and I can't say I blame them. I've read about issues with both the PS4 (console freezing) and the Xbox One (Blu-ray disc drive malfunctioning) but that's to be expected, as with many new electronics upon initial release.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

blue_gold_84

Totally reviving a dormant thread... ;D

Anyone here play Destiny? If so, have you played the House of Wolves Expansion Pack what do you think of it?

I love it. Beats the hell out of The Dark Below just with the story alone. The addition of Prison of Elders is great, too. I haven't tried the Trials of Osiris yet but it's apparently similar to the Crucible.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

Duckman118

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on June 01, 2015, 09:50:34 PM
Totally reviving a dormant thread... ;D

Anyone here play Destiny? If so, have you played the House of Wolves Expansion Pack what do you think of it?

I love it. Beats the hell out of The Dark Below just with the story alone. The addition of Prison of Elders is great, too. I haven't tried the Trials of Osiris yet but it's apparently similar to the Crucible.
Stopped playing destiny months ago before even the first expansion came out. None of my other friends like the game so there's not much of a point for me to continue. But I have been playing the witcher 3, and man does it suck you in.
"There is a conviction,
when you believe above,
absence leaks from inside,
and brings you back to life again,
I fear an emptiness,
so I just seek the truth,
then I just find myself,
coming back to you."

-Texas In July

Colton

I've bought Witcher 3 but haven't had a chance to play it yet. Been playing a crap ton of Diablo 3 again. I'm glad that game was fixed with Reaper of Souls.

True Blue

Quote from: Colton on June 01, 2015, 10:49:05 PM
I've bought Witcher 3 but haven't had a chance to play it yet. Been playing a crap ton of Diablo 3 again. I'm glad that game was fixed with Reaper of Souls.

I saw a pic someone posted that they are giving out 16 DLC to anyone that bought the game, on any platform.  Did you see the insert with this?
"Integrity without knowledge is weak and useless, and knowledge without integrity is dangerous and dreadful." - Samuel Johnson

Colton

Quote from: True Blue on June 02, 2015, 12:51:40 AM
I saw a pic someone posted that they are giving out 16 DLC to anyone that bought the game, on any platform.  Did you see the insert with this?

Yeah, I think it's pretty neat. I really like CD Projekt Red. I bought Witcher 3 on GoG to play it through Galaxy just to support them even though I'd rather have the game on Steam since almost everything else I own is on there.

So far it's been relatively small stuff but I think one or two things will be content they could have reasonably charged $10-$15 for.

BomberPride

Those of you who have played Destiny - how would you rate it?

Haven't picked up the controller in a few months, but eventually I would like to upgrade my console to Xbox One. Any recommendations for new games out there?  I like single player games... Splinter Cell, Assassin's Creed and Prince of Persia were my fav's. Last game I played was the reboot to Tomb Raider.
What is more gentle than water, yet who can control the raging flood?

Colton

Quote from: BomberPride on June 02, 2015, 12:13:54 PM

Haven't picked up the controller in a few months, but eventually I would like to upgrade my console to Xbox One. Any recommendations for new games out there?  I like single player games... Splinter Cell, Assassin's Creed and Prince of Persia were my fav's. Last game I played was the reboot to Tomb Raider.

Borderlands: The Handsome Collection gets you Borderlands 2 and Borderlands: The Presequel which are both great games.

Hotline Miami 2 is also addicting but it's not an incredibly long game unless you enjoy getting all of the achievements in games. It should be pretty cheap on consoles I would think though.

blue_gold_84

Quote from: BomberPride on June 02, 2015, 12:13:54 PM

I'd give it a 7.5 right now. The launch content was alright: the main story was short and somewhat forgettable, but the maps and weapons/armor were good and if you like PVP, the Crucible can be pretty addicting. With the addition of two expansion packs, there's a lot more of everything now: new game modes including Prison of Elders and Trials of Osiris, way more weapons and armor, and added missions/strikes to do. It's a repetitive, heavy grinding type of game but weekly resets keep things somewhat fresh and with the amount of content now I wouldn't say it gets boring. If you like first person shooters with RPG elements, you'll probably enjoy Destiny.

Quote from: Colton on June 02, 2015, 02:15:15 PM
Borderlands: The Handsome Collection gets you Borderlands 2 and Borderlands: The Presequel which are both great games.

The Handsome Collection is awesome. For $50 on PS4, it's a steal.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

BomberPride

I've been an Xbox purist for awhile. I'm a casual player, but I'm wondering if there really is much difference between the PS4 and Xbox 1 in terms of performance/graphics etc. I have a 360 that I was planning to trade up.
What is more gentle than water, yet who can control the raging flood?