Message Board Help

Started by Jets, December 12, 2010, 08:19:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

the.inkster

How do I include pictures (either that have been saved on my computer, or that are from a webpage) in my post?

Colton

Quote from: the.inkster on November 02, 2017, 02:27:55 PM
How do I include pictures (either that have been saved on my computer, or that are from a webpage) in my post?

From a webpage, encase the URL in img tags like so:
[img]http://image.com/coolImage[/img]

From your computer, you would need to go to the full on reply option, click on the "Additional Options..." dropdown link below the text area, and use the attach option (This has a pretty low limit on file size from the sounds of it, so you're probably better off uploading the images somewhere and using the above option).

66 Chevelle

Quote from: the.inkster on November 02, 2017, 02:27:55 PM

if you don't prefer to type the code you can simply find the image on the internet that you want to insert, right click on it, click on 'Copy Image Location'. Then in your comment place you cursor where you want to place the image and click on the 'Insert Image' icon (middle row, 2nd from the left). It will insert the code in your comment below, simply go to the code and click between the start and end code, then click 'Paste'.

You can then make sure you done it correctly by first clicking the 'Preview" button below, before you click 'Post'. Your comment will appear above you typed comment, look at it and if it is acceptable, go back down to your comment and click 'Post' or 'Save'.

Your comment will then post in the thread with the image.
just because you can doesn't mean you should...

66 Chevelle

QUESTION: How do I insert multiple quotes from different members in a thread in one reply?

ANSWER: You start by clicking the 'QUOTE' icon on the first comment in the thread that you want inserted into your reply. Then, when the Reply message box comes up, go to the end of the first quote that is the reply box, make sure that the cursor is at the end of the first quote text and press your 'ENTER' button on your keyboard to create space between the first quote and the one you are about to insert. Once this is done, scroll down below the Reply message box and you will see other replies from the same thread. Find the next comment that you want to insert as a quote and click on the 'INSERT QUOTE' icon in the upper right hand corner of the comment.

You can repeat this process multiple times if desired. After inserting all that you would like to include, you can go back to the Reply text box and add a comment under each inserted quote as desired. Once done, click the "POST" icon as normal to add to the thread.
just because you can doesn't mean you should...