Truth & Rec, CFL Football

Started by BomberFan73, September 26, 2026, 11:38:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BomberFan73

Considering the time of year, anyone know of a single Indigenous CFL player?

I know my sons teams he has played on there are always lots, but I think very few make it to the College level.

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: BomberFan73 on September 26, 2026, 11:38:36 PMConsidering the time of year, anyone know of a single Indigenous CFL player?

I know my sons teams he has played on there are always lots, but I think very few make it to the College level.

Interesting point, other than "Indian Jack Jacobs" and the great Jim Thorpe I've never heard of any native football players, both were from Oklahoma.

Blue In BC

Bombers had a DB ( safety  type ) whose name I can't remember. He moved on to the Lions later. This was about 8 years ago?
One game at a time

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: Blue In BC on September 27, 2026, 04:23:40 PMBombers had a DB ( safety  type ) whose name I can't remember. He moved on to the Lions later. This was about 8 years ago?

In the O'Shea era?

bunker

Dane Evans was a native American.

Throw Long Bannatyne

Former Rider QB Mason Fine, also from Oklahoma.




Horseman

Univ of Regina has a receiver named Michael Eagle Bear, whom I assume is native.

markf

Quote from: bunker on September 27, 2026, 05:19:30 PMDane Evans was a native American.

I didn't know that I found an interview with him about it... https://cfl.ca/2021/09/29/oleary-evans-opens-native-american-roots/

Too bad he couldn't make it, he had the tools.

Blue In BC

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on September 27, 2026, 05:03:36 PMIn the O'Shea era?

Yes in the earlier years of his tenure. He might have been drafted or just added to the PR as an undrafted player. I seem to recall he returned for a 2nd season or part of it on the PR.
One game at a time