Winnipeg @ Montreal pre-game discussion.

Started by Pigskin, October 13, 2024, 07:36:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pigskin

Quote from: peg_city on October 15, 2024, 03:33:51 PMI was thinking that if we don't win this game after a week off, playing an opponent that has nothing to play for, our team isn't good enough to win the Grey Cup.

This should be a win.

If we don't win and miss out on first in the West, it will make our road to the GC much harder. I believe we will beat BC at home, but going into Regina for the Western final will be very tough.

Now if we win, we get another week of rest, and the home crowd which would be very good for team. 
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: Pigskin on October 15, 2024, 04:07:42 PMIf we don't win and miss out on first in the West, it will make our road to the GC much harder. I believe we will beat BC at home, but going into Regina for the Western final will be very tough.

Now if we win, we get another week of rest, and the home crowd which would be very good for team. 

Late season injuries last season lost them the GC, hopefully they can avoid any serious injuries to key players and they can go full tilt.

theaardvark

With two weeks until our final/fateful game, I really hope we don't end up overthinking and outplaying ourselves.

We need a simple gameplan and a few twists, and need to watch a ton of film on Patterson Alexander.
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

Pigskin

Quote from: theaardvark on October 15, 2024, 06:03:50 PMWith two weeks until our final/fateful game, I really hope we don't end up overthinking and outplaying ourselves.

We need a simple gameplan and a few twists, and need to watch a ton of film on Patterson.

Why Patterson?
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

theaardvark

Quote from: Pigskin on October 15, 2024, 06:28:41 PMWhy Patterson?

Because that's Alexander's real name...  sorry, this old brain confuses shiny things all the time.
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

Pete

I agree if we cant win this game I don't see us being competitive even if we get to the cup. Somehow we need to find a way to be effective against a team with a superior front four d line

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: Pete on October 15, 2024, 08:50:09 PMI agree if we cant win this game I don't see us being competitive even if we get to the cup. Somehow we need to find a way to be effective against a team with a superior front four d line

Lessons learned, upgrade the blocking assignments with extra beef and prepare to move the ball quickly from the start of the game.  If it's the Argos again, try to predict  the countermoves they'll make to mess with the Bombers game plan.

TecnoGenius

Quote from: peg_city on October 15, 2024, 03:33:51 PMI was thinking that if we don't win this game after a week off, playing an opponent that has nothing to play for, our team isn't good enough to win the Grey Cup.

This should be a win.

Yes, in that sense this is the cup.  It's kind of like the late-season @BC game last season which we had to win to win the West, even when BC was highly favored and killing it.  We clobbered them and showed we deserved to get to the cup.  That win carried over into the WDF when we again pulled off a win over BC.

If we win I think the momentum carries through to the cup.  Not sure if we win it, but we sure as heck will get there.

If we lose then the demoralization of having to go to SSK will likely give the greenies the cup visit this year.

The only way this changes is if craptastic CGY upsets SSK in their final game.
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: theaardvark on October 15, 2024, 06:03:50 PMWith two weeks until our final/fateful game, I really hope we don't end up overthinking and outplaying ourselves.

We need a simple gameplan and a few twists, and need to watch a ton of film on Patterson Alexander.

I'm the opposite.  We need to put our thinking cap on.  The braindead playcalling for much of last game was the reason we lost.  Same old same old, TOR knew it all from film and clobbered us.  It was like they were listening in on Buck's playcalls.

I want twists galore.  I want the entire year's planning of wrinkles for the GC to be hauled out for this game.  Lay it all out there.

And I want to see perfect execution.

If I see another one of those crossers where Zach is slightly off and Demski can't make the catch I'm going to freak.  The other top-3 playoff-bound teams are playing their best ball and everyone, including nobodies, are making circus catches every play.  They all know what time it is.  If we don't keep up, we may not even make it out of the WSF.

Our QB/RB/RECs are way more SMS$ than MTL, TOR and SSK... yet all those lesser-paid players are outplaying us right now.  Even their rookies/sophomores/nobodies are playing better.  It's sad.  Even sadder if an ELC-paid QB starts and beats our $600k'er in this critical game!!
Never go full Rider!