Armstead to SSK

Started by TecnoGenius, September 17, 2024, 01:38:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TecnoGenius

SSK signs Armstead (nee OTT).

This is actually kind of funny, as some predicted he'd end up there now that he has a rep for being an insubordinate hot head.  SSK seems to like out of control players.  What's next, Kelly to SSK?  :D  :D  :D
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

Is this a sign that Thor Oullette isn't going to be healthy going into the playoffs?  And they are unsatisfied with Hickson?

Hilarious, it's almost like OTT and SSK "traded" RBs: Morrow to OTT, Armstead to SSK.
Never go full Rider!

dd

Absolutely no surprise there...teams that have morals and principles weren't interested in this problem child, but the Riders, heck, they'll make him team captain!!! What a gong show.

blue_gold_84

Another headcase winds up in Riderville.

#forthew
лава Україні!
井の中の蛙大海を知らず
What a wretched timeline.

Sir Blue and Gold

The one thing I can say is the Riders haven't learned at all. They bring in Armstead who was thrown out of Ottawa for being unhinged. Even if he has some short term success those types of moves always cost you more in the long run. You've got a first year head coach who says he's trying to build a culture. That's a big red flag signing at a position they haven't needed help at all year.

blue_gold_84

Quote from: Sir Blue and Gold on September 17, 2024, 01:40:10 PMThe one thing I can say is the Riders haven't learned at all. They bring in Armstead who was thrown out of Ottawa for being unhinged. Even if he has some short term success those types of moves always cost you more in the long run. You've got a first year head coach who says he's trying to build a culture. That's a big red flag signing at a position they haven't needed help at all year.

I'd say the jury is still out on Mace, but he's certainly building an identity - for better or worse.

This move has O'Day written all over it, IMO. The buck stops with him and he clearly doesn't care about culture within that organization.
#forthew
лава Україні!
井の中の蛙大海を知らず
What a wretched timeline.

Sir Blue and Gold

Mace calls out his team to the media after a bad day of practice.

https://3downnation.com/2024/09/18/we-kinda-failed-at-that-corey-mace-not-happy-with-saskatchewan-roughriders-practice/

He's probably right but if I was a player, can't say I'd like the public finger wagging. Another red flag for me.

J5V

Quote from: Sir Blue and Gold on September 18, 2024, 05:20:15 PMMace calls out his team to the media after a bad day of practice.

https://3downnation.com/2024/09/18/we-kinda-failed-at-that-corey-mace-not-happy-with-saskatchewan-roughriders-practice/

He's probably right but if I was a player, can't say I'd like the public finger wagging. Another red flag for me.
Me too. Let that cesspool rot.
Go Bombers!

theaardvark

Mace was the Golden Boy to start the season.

Lets see how he handles adversity.

So far, not looking good. 
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

TecnoGenius

Quote from: theaardvark on September 18, 2024, 07:28:41 PMMace was the Golden Boy to start the season.

He's a very weird dude.  I watch all of his pressers and he's just odd.  Definitely the oddest of the current HC crowd.  For away games they always do laptop video post-games and he never looks into the camera, it's very noticeable and strange.  On the sidelines in games he always looks zoned out, just chewing his gum at 100mph.

He's really not at all what I expected the next SSK HC to be like.  Maybe he kicks butt in private, but in public he looks to be as insouciant as his predecessor Dickenson The Departed.

I wonder if his luster will fade even faster?
Never go full Rider!