The good the bad the ugly BANJO TIME

Started by GOLDMEMBER, September 07, 2024, 10:46:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TBURGESS

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on September 08, 2024, 03:29:31 PMThe problem is when he wrapped his arms around Strev's thighs his falling weight of 200+ lbs. was applied directly to Strev's planted knee, if he did not lock on with his arms he may have knocked him back but the weight would not have been directly transferred.  Physics aside this is the reason they don't allow tackling beneath the QB's knees, the point of contact isn't the issue it's the forces applied to vulnerable joints in dangerous situations.
I understand the physics. I don't think that hitting a QB's thighs and wrapping up is a penalty by rule because the strike zone is between the QB's shoulders and their knees. 
Winnipeg Blue Bombers - 2019 Grey Cup Champs.

blue_gold_84

Quote from: Waffler on September 08, 2024, 03:18:44 PMWrapping/holding the plant foot below the knee and applying force to the knee while the leg is immobilized is an injury every time. It's a dirty play and always has been. Every defensive lineman knows about this and that's what it looked like to me. Another accidentally on purpose. Just like the "I can't stop my roll' garbage and helmet lean last week.

If the last two weeks have taught us anything, it's that Miles Brown no longer deserves the benefit of the doubt.

He could've let up last week and yesterday. He didn't.
#forthew
лава Україні!
井の中の蛙大海を知らず
What a wretched timeline.

dd

Quote from: TBURGESS on September 08, 2024, 02:58:59 PMSometimes penalties are called because of the results (Strev got hurt) &/or reputation (Brown taking out Collaros last week), instead of by rule.

Our OL tackled Brown into Strev. Should have been an illegal block. Not called because of the results.

Wrapping your arms around a players legs to take them down happens all the time. Wrapping up is taught as one of the first things to defensive players. I don't see how they'd take it out of the game.
The BIG difference is the act of passing puts the player in a vulnerable position and that is why the special rule is in place that doesn't allow any forcible hitting in the knee area or below for any passer who has one or both feet planted on the ground, which Strevellers were. I don't buy that Brown was pushed into him, that s an iffy argument at best, it was clear he did nothing to avoid contact and actually purposely made contact, so that gets called everytime.

If he had made a effort to avoid contact, maybe they don't call it, but it was just like last week's BS play by Brown, he did nothing to avoid contact and actually went out of his way to initiate contact, that gets called everytime. As for his temper tantrum afterwards, I would have flagged that too. The league doesn't need garbage like him in it. Absolute garbage player.

Pigskin

Good
Kicking game
Kick coverage.
Woli: 3/4 29 yards.
ND10: 7/8 46 yards.
BO20: 6/7 60 Yards.
KL89: 6/7 64 Yards.
OL protection.
WJ5: 2 DTs, 1 PD, 1 BP.
Griffin: 8 DTs
Ford: 2 Int.

Bad
ZC8 deep throws. Only close on 1.
Bonds: Another coverage breakdown.
Injuries to Strev and Woli.

Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

bwiser

Good-special teams coverage outstanding again
    -Castillo perfect
    -Lawler best game this season
    -Olivera
    -no turnovers
Bad-undisciplined play of the Riders
  -settling for field goals
Ugly-Brown cheap shot

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on September 08, 2024, 03:38:34 PMIf the last two weeks have taught us anything, it's that Miles Brown no longer deserves the benefit of the doubt.

He could've let up last week and yesterday. He didn't.

Earlier in the game Collaros was beaking at Brown and trying to get in his face, was there another incident or was it just a holdover from the previous game?  TSN did not show a replay of why Zach may have been upset.

Pigskin

Quote from: bwiser on September 08, 2024, 04:33:08 PMGood-special teams coverage outstanding again
    -Castillo perfect
    -Lawler best game this season
    -Olivera
    -no turnovers
Bad-undisciplined play of the Riders
  -settling for field goals
Ugly-Brown cheap shot

Yes, more 7s would be nice.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

ichabod_crane

Quote from: TecnoGenius on September 08, 2024, 08:19:59 AMGOOD

Zach/MOS/Buck having Zach slide at near the end 4Q1:28 when the pass wasn't open.  I was perplexed @PAS, because you just don't see that by a QB.  But I get it now, if he chucks it into the stands it's incomplete and they can't bleed clock.

By sliding it's like a run play and they bleed an extra 20s off the clock.

It's actually brilliant and I don't know why you don't see that more.  Run the pass play, if it's wide open then take it and the R can stay inbounds to bleed more clock.  If it's not a slam dunk, slide the QB and voila, you took 1/4 of the clock away from the opponent.

Exactamundly! :) Zach knows time management and milked the clock down farther by doing that. Why toss it up and risk a pick or stopping the clock. His initial called play was not there so just eat it and keep the clock moving. What I do question though is why they did not have a secondary receiver further out to the sideline maybe or a little further up though to be a nitpicker! ;) Maybe there was, but Zach did not have much time to decide so just ate the burger! :D

TecnoGenius

Quote from: ichabod_crane on September 09, 2024, 07:16:16 AMWhat I do question though is why they did not have a secondary receiver further out to the sideline maybe or a little further up though to be a nitpicker! ;) Maybe there was, but Zach did not have much time to decide to just ate the burger! :D

Because for it to work in this situation the pass has to be a 100% shot.  There can be no one around, no chance of INT, no chance of tip, no chance of anything except completion.  The R must be one of your best hands guys.

It's basically the same clock-chewing as a Brady run up the gut when you know for a fact the D will be run blitzing and stuff him after 1-2Y: 100% safe.  The difference is, this play will 100% get you a 1st down if the D doesn't follow the sneaking-out player.

I really like this play and glad they added it in.  I guess the one downside is a dirty player (ehem) could take Zach out with a late hit (and Brown almost did here!).
Never go full Rider!

ichabod_crane

TechnoGenius....don't you ever sleep man?! You are ALWAYS on this forum! ;) I'm a night owl by nature, so I'm almost always poking away at various things in the midnight hours! :D Mornings I'm half asleep at work....don't bug me until lunch! ;) :D

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: ichabod_crane on September 09, 2024, 08:31:24 AMTechnoGenius....don't you ever sleep man?! You are ALWAYS on this forum! ;) I'm a night owl by nature, so I'm almost always poking away at various things in the midnight hours! :D Mornings I'm half asleep at work....don't bug me until lunch! ;) :D
No he does not sleep! It is AI  gone Rogue! :D
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: ichabod_crane on September 09, 2024, 08:31:24 AMTechnoGenius....don't you ever sleep man?! You are ALWAYS on this forum! ;) I'm a night owl by nature, so I'm almost always poking away at various things in the midnight hours! :D Mornings I'm half asleep at work....don't bug me until lunch! ;) :D

No sleep!  Sleep is for the off-season  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D

It helps that my entire job and most of my hobbies are in front of the computer... I do keep weird hours, however, that is true.  Always have.
Never go full Rider!

ichabod_crane

Quote from: TecnoGenius on September 09, 2024, 09:23:25 PMNo sleep!  Sleep is for the off-season  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D

It helps that my entire job and most of my hobbies are in front of the computer... I do keep weird hours, however, that is true.  Always have.

STOP DAVE/TECHNO! I THINK YOU SHOULD TAKE A STRESS PILL! :D

Throw Long Bannatyne

Looks like the insecure greenies are exerting too much influence on CFL.ca, they've labeled the game the "Labour Day rematch" in the following article with no mention at all of the words "Banjo Bowl". They wouldn't recognize a good marketing ploy if it hit them square in the face.

https://www.cfl.ca/2024/09/07/bombers-get-best-of-riders-again-in-labour-day-rematch/

blue_gold_84

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on September 10, 2024, 04:39:33 PMLooks like the insecure greenies are exerting too much influence on CFL.ca, they've labeled the game the "Labour Day rematch" in the following article with no mention at all of the words "Banjo Bowl". They wouldn't recognize a good marketing ploy if it hit them square in the face.

https://www.cfl.ca/2024/09/07/bombers-get-best-of-riders-again-in-labour-day-rematch/

Good. Those losers can cry into their Pilsners as they watch their team tumble down the standings.
#forthew
лава Україні!
井の中の蛙大海を知らず
What a wretched timeline.