Good bad ugly laborday edition

Started by Pete, September 02, 2024, 06:34:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jayrock

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on September 04, 2024, 03:47:20 PMIt takes 2 to tango, if someone gets on your case just pretend they're not there and get on with your business, works every time.

I'm a lover not a fighter.  ;D
RIDER PRIDE ALIVE IN THE PEG

Pete

When it comes to protecting does it seem like other teams grab strevelers back leg and pull, more than any other qb in the league?
sayles did it in first qtt. Just another example of sask attitude towards opposing qbs

blue_or_die

#Ride?

J5V

Quote from: jayrock on September 04, 2024, 01:38:29 PMYa my wife is not to excited to come to BB this Saturday after she saw the fight. We are sitting in a section we have never sat in before so we are not to sure what is going to happen. I have had a view run ins with poor fans over the last 21 years we have gone to what was the Back-to-back and now banjo bowl. She is asking me maybe do not go full Rider this year. Which is sad that she has to even ask that.
Well, whenever I went to Regina for a game I was always treated well by the local fans, win or lose, because it's just a game after all. If both sides remember that I doubt there'd be any trouble. You have to have a thick skin in enemy territory. Remember that and you'll be fine. Go in there with a bad attitude fuelled by too much alcohol and you're likely to find trouble. You and your wife will be fine. I guarantee it. If an a-hole gives either of you grief, another Bomber fan will likely tune them up.
Go Bombers!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: jayrock on September 04, 2024, 01:38:29 PMYa my wife is not to excited to come to BB this Saturday after she saw the fight. We are sitting in a section we have never sat in before so we are not to sure what is going to happen. I have had a view run ins with poor fans over the last 21 years we have gone to what was the Back-to-back and now banjo bowl. She is asking me maybe do not go full Rider this year. Which is sad that she has to even ask that.

As long as it's not the crazy North EZ, you'll be fine.  You'd probably be fine in the NEZ as well, but there would be more ribbing and drinking.

Also, Westsiders are way more placid, so sit on the Home side if you can.  Upper bowl is very calm in the "STH" areas (first 8 rows?) between the 30s (lots of seniors and golf clappers).  As are the areas between the 40s all the way up to the top.

As you get closer to the corners things get a bit louder, but still not too rowdy.  East side is basically what I described but double rowdiness.

So hopefully your new one-off tickets are somewhere in there!

And I'm not denigrating any fan or section: I've sat in almost every section on both sides and I loved every seat.  Even though I've settled on the West, I probably had more fun in the East.

I go out of my way to welcome visiting-team fans before the game, and do the ol' "good game" afterwards.  And SSK fans have always been equally as nice to me in Regina.  Even after the infamous Bridge hit (in '19?) the worst they did is ignore me and curse JJ.

One of the best things in the CFL is the cross-visitation of WPG/SSK fans every summer, and often playoffs.  It's really good for both clubs $$$$, and cities.
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Pete on September 04, 2024, 04:55:23 PMWhen it comes to protecting does it seem like other teams grab strevelers back leg and pull, more than any other qb in the league?
sayles did it in first qtt. Just another example of sask attitude towards opposing qbs

They also hit Strev when he's running like they do Rs and RBs.  No other QB gets hit like that, and if they did they would penalize them.  The new QB protection rules protect Strev's head even when he's taking off.

There was a couple of huge head hits on Strev last game when he was running and no one cared.  By rule they could all be flagged.

Back when Dickenson The Greater asks pregame in '19 "can we hit Strev like every other RB?", the answer was YES then, but it is most certainly NO now.  Refs need to remember that.
Never go full Rider!