Saturday Afternoon Games on CTV Only?

Started by pdirks67, June 06, 2024, 09:09:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TecnoGenius

Quote from: pdirks67 on August 30, 2024, 03:54:47 PMI've had two Bomber season tickets for 35 years and I've always paid for TSN - first on cable, then for their streaming platform. Shouldn't the league be thinking of the people who are paying the freight first and foremost?

Not that it's any consolation, but pretty sure the majority of the CFL TV money comes from the TSN3 contract on basically every cable package, plus the extra money people pay for all 5 TSN TV channels.  The direct streaming revenue is probably miniscule in comparison, if not causing outright losses.

That said, I fully agree with you.  The whole situation is just dumb.  It's all the same company, just show the exact same stream on all channels: CTV, TSN, and TSN streaming.  There, everyone sees the same commercials, problem solved.  At least I still have "normal cable" so I can get CTV (which hasn't been tuned into in my house for probably 5 years).  If I didn't, I'd probably be hitting up the digital antennas like B4L keeps saying.

My question still is: will the TSN channels re-air the game(s) in the wee hours like they always do?  Or do I have to somehow make sure (while I'm at the BB) that the PVR(s) aren't screwing up taping CTV for me?  Sometimes there are glitches (golf! tennis!), and the wee hour re-showings let me catch what was missed.
Never go full Rider!