Hamilton at Winnipeg - pregame discussion

Started by The Zipp, August 19, 2024, 02:06:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Blue and Gold

Quote from: gobombersgo on August 22, 2024, 01:11:29 AMWinnipeg Blue Bombers   @Wpg_BlueBombers
Injury Report: August 21, 2024

Ogbevoen and Chris-Ike have both been on the 6 game list for 4 games.

They are now allowed to practice so that's why they show up on the injury report.

Theoretically they could be pulled and played this week if the team wanted to (and took the corresponding sms hit).

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: gobombersgo on August 21, 2024, 09:28:17 PMTransactions:

2024-08-21   WPG   Adams, Devin   DT   A   Peru State College   ADD FROM PRACTICE ROSTER   Game Roster
2024-08-21   WPG   KARAMOKO, Souleymane   DB   G   Laval   TRF TO PRACTICE ROSTER   Practice Roster
2024-08-21   WPG   SCHMEKEL, Tanner   DL   N   Regina   TRF TO PRACTICE ROSTER   Practice Roster

I don't think Schmeckel has gotten a fair shake this year, he looked great in pre-season but has been getting very few reps. ever since. Love me some Jake but his time as a starter is expiring fast.  Restrict Schmekel from participating and sure enough he'll go home to Sask. in the offseason and put up a long career playing for his home team, ala Brenden Labatte.

Sir Blue and Gold

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on August 22, 2024, 01:38:08 AMI don't think Schmeckel has gotten a fair shake this year, he looked great in pre-season but has been getting very few reps. ever since. Love me some Jake but his time as a starter is expiring fast.  Restrict Schmekel from participating and sure enough he'll go home to Sask. in the offseason and put up a long career playing for his home team, ala Brenden Labatte.

I think the opposite. He got a lot of opportunity this year (way more than he would of otherwise got) the moment Lawson went down. He's basically played himself to the practice roster with two tackles in 10 games.

There is no way he'd be rostered in Regina with their four American starters along the defensive line and no Canadians anywhere near the interior. If he goes there to play, I know where to run.

TecnoGenius

Quote from: gobombersgo on August 22, 2024, 12:10:57 AMThe team could also decide to dress 44 instead of 45. I think that would be last option as they could just roster Weitz as the 45th player and have him help on special teams.

I think the team really tries to fill the roster whenever possible because at the minimum that gets some guy a game cheque.  It's good for player morale.
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

Anyone notice: Haku and Ternowski both out... who do they have left for NAT WR?  Or do they dress +1 IMP and shuffle the ratio?
Never go full Rider!

gobombersgo

Quote from: TecnoGenius on August 22, 2024, 04:46:37 AMAnyone notice: Haku and Ternowski both out... who do they have left for NAT WR?  Or do they dress +1 IMP and shuffle the ratio?

Yeah, looks like they will need to start an extra Canadian DB or DL as they will be starting an extra American receiver.

I can see them taking advantage on the Designated Nationalized American rule. Someone should be watching them though as they have been caught before not fielding enough Canadians.