No West team has a winning record in week 12 *

Started by TecnoGenius, August 23, 2024, 05:57:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TecnoGenius

Quote from: DM83 on August 27, 2024, 03:10:33 AMRiders are due for a win

Riders have a habit of going onto huge losing streaks...

That said, the LDC is always the SSK Grey Cup.  They put gobs of resources into winning this game.  I bet they spend a bit of every week all season until labor day working on tricks and plans to beat WPG.

The fans demand they win this game above all others.  Win LDC and every single loss this season will be forgotten, at least for a few weeks.  If Mace is smart he will sacrifice everything to win this.  The Mace honeymoon has almost ended.

Quote from: DM83 on August 27, 2024, 03:10:33 AMTheir QB is better than ours this year

No.  Trevor had a chance to easily win the last game by getting just 1 first down with all the OL he started with.  Just 1.  He couldn't do it.  Zach had a chance to drive 3/4 of the field in 1:30 missing 2 injured hoggies and needed a major to win the last game, against a C.Jones D running on all cylinders.  An incredibly hard feat in the CFL.

So who's the better QB?

Trevor is great, sure, super accurate.  But he proved he is same old Trevor who, if he gets rattled, cannot recover.  FWIR he's never started in a GC, or taken any significant snaps.  And don't forget... SSK has no receivers.  Maybe KSB is good, but invisible this season so far.
Never go full Rider!

Sir Blue and Gold

Quote from: jayrock on August 23, 2024, 01:25:17 PMIf you do the math the Riders technically have a winning record of .550 thanks to the tie.
the rest of the season will be interesting as there will be more western match-ups.

...what if you do the math now?

Blueforlife

Quote from: Sir Blue and Gold on September 02, 2024, 04:09:54 AM...what if you do the math now?
Well played unlike the Riders on their skid

If Zach is healthy we crush them at home and the math will really work out then ;)

blue_or_die

Quote from: Sir Blue and Gold on September 02, 2024, 04:09:54 AM...what if you do the math now?

This is a super mean and uncalled-for post.

I love it.
#Ride?

TecnoGenius

Well, is .500 technically "a winning record"?  Shouldn't that be .500 plus anything?  So is there still no winning record in the West?!   ;)  ;)  ;)

Maybe all we can say right now is "now two West teams don't have a losing record"?  Doesn't have the same ring to it.  ;D  ;D  ;D

So maybe after the BB, finally, a West team will have a clear winning record   8)  8)  8)
Never go full Rider!

ichabod_crane

Do I care? Bombers are in 1st place man, quit over thinking it all! ;) :D Enjoy the moment. Let the East have their little bit of glory after an almost endless west domination in the regular season for DECADES!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: ichabod_crane on September 02, 2024, 10:05:27 AMDo I care? Bombers are in 1st place man, quit over thinking it all! ;) :D Enjoy the moment.

TSN said IIRC that not since 2001 has the W been this horrid at this point.  Hey, weren't we in the E in 2001?  Hmmm.

As for overthinking it... what can I say, I overthink everything.  That how I enjoy the moment!  ;)
Never go full Rider!

ichabod_crane

YES those 14-4 BEASTS OF THE EAST Bombers that choked in the GC vs an 8-10 Calgary team! :(

blue_gold_84

#forthew
лава Україні!
井の中の蛙大海を知らず
What a wretched timeline.