Terrell Bonds Having The Most Fun

Started by DCM, July 09, 2024, 11:01:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DCM

https://www.bluebombers.com/2024/07/09/this-is-the-most-fun-ive-had-since-ive-been-a-pro/

QuoteIt came from a friend, and it was both sound and wise advice. Terrell Bonds realizes that now, even if it took awhile for the meaningful words from Deatrick Nichols to sink in fully.

"I'm so glad I came here," said the Winnipeg Blue Bombers first-year cornerback in a chat with bluebombers.com this week. "I actually came to that after just a couple weeks of camp. I told Deatrick, 'I should have come up here a couple years ago when you told me to come.'
Twitch Account: Here - Website: Here

BLUEBOMBER

Our whole team needs to show more urgency to win. Seems like they are tired or lack the desire to dominate other teams like they used to show back in 2021 or even 2022.

theaardvark

Maybe Bonds can recruit the next guy... start the UFL talking about how fun the CFL is.
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

Sir Blue and Gold

Good interview and he's a good find. Everyone came in worried about our corners but they're far from the issue on defense.

Glad he likes it here. Could be one of those guys who's dominant in year two.

J5V

Quote from: DCM on July 09, 2024, 11:01:29 PMIt came from a friend, and it was both sound and wise advice. Terrell Bonds realizes that now, even if it took awhile for the meaningful words from Deatrick Nichols to sink in fully.

"I'm so glad I came here," said the Winnipeg Blue Bombers first-year cornerback in a chat with bluebombers.com this week. "I actually came to that after just a couple weeks of camp. I told Deatrick, 'I should have come up here a couple years ago when you told me to come.'

Bonds has been great and a diamond in the rough. There's something about this club that makes players want to be here. Not all of them obviously but I've heard this a number of times now and there's definitely something to it.
Go Bombers!

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: theaardvark on July 10, 2024, 08:35:32 PMMaybe Bonds can recruit the next guy... start the UFL talking about how fun the CFL is.

They'd better hang on tight to Bonds, never know when the next DB is going to leave to find more green.  Both Ford and Holm are on the final year of their contracts and they're the most likely candidates to be offered bigger paydays playing elsewhere.

ModAdmin

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on July 11, 2024, 05:27:11 AMThey'd better hang on tight to Bonds, never know when the next DB is going to leave to find more green.  Both Ford and Holm are on the final year of their contracts and they're the most likely candidates to be offered bigger paydays playing elsewhere.

There is a lot of football to be played in this season. If we make it and go far in the playoffs this year, there will be a pull for players like Holm and Ford to resign with the Cup in Winnipeg in 2025.  No guarantees, but that will come into play.
"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden

Jesse

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on July 11, 2024, 05:27:11 AMThey'd better hang on tight to Bonds, never know when the next DB is going to leave to find more green.  Both Ford and Holm are on the final year of their contracts and they're the most likely candidates to be offered bigger paydays playing elsewhere.

Bonds is already 28. No reason he should go anywhere.

But he's also just the next example in how good we are at recruiting DBs. Our scouting has slipped a bit these past couple of years, but the DBs just keep on coming.
My wife is amazing!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Jesse on July 11, 2024, 01:40:26 PMBut he's also just the next example in how good we are at recruiting DBs. Our scouting has slipped a bit these past couple of years, but the DBs just keep on coming.

Ya, we seem to find ok/good (or even great) DBs every year.  They looked really bad in weeks 1-4 because a) the rookies swamped the vets with too many vets out, b) they were unprepared going into week 1 like the rest of the team.

Even Bridges was looking ok, and I hope he's hanging around the PR, though who knows what happens when Parker comes back in.  And that promising one we had to let go is probably still couch-sitting if we need another one later.
Never go full Rider!