Previous topic - Next topic

Jesse

My wife is amazing!

dd

Who's their #2?? They got rid of dolengala and fine, they're in trouble

Blue In BC

2019 Grey Cup Champions

theaardvark

Depending on Collaro's injury... this might have been an option we wish was still open.
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

dd

I don't think so, we signed strev as our #2, so let's see what he can do. Strevy definitely brings another element to our offense that Collaros doesn't have and that is he is mobile and can run. I would like to see strev roll out to buy time and make plays but not look to crush any defenders and risk injury, but I don't think it's in his DNA. We have the jet sweep in our playbook, well I think strev rolling out on that and keeping it going the other way would give defenses fits—they don't honour the jet sweep, Demski gets it, they start over playing that, tuck it and roll out. Go get em strev!!

theaardvark

Wilson has so little time under his belt, Streveler has so much.

But Streveler is a #2, SY, package guy.  I'm still not sold on his starting chops.

I'm not sure that if we had a QB that had a year under his belt, that he would not start over Streveler.  For sure, if 2023 Dru was around, he starts even if Streveler is here.  But 2024 Wilson is about the same as 2021 Dru, an unknown with potential.  Tought to start him over Streveler.

IF Collaros misses time.
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: dd on June 30, 2024, 07:40:10 PMWho's their #2?? They got rid of dolengala and fine, they're in trouble

Shea Patterson, last year's short yardage QB, looked decent in pre-season games but not sure he's ready to put on the big shoes.  Stupid Riders, always find a way to put themselves in a predicament.

TecnoGenius

Yikes, I actually feel sorry for the Greenies (especially our Ridermania & jayrock!) on this one.  T.Harris is still a deep-playoff-contender QB but the dude just can't stop getting injured.

SSK was looking as strong as BC this season... maybe stronger.  That all just came crashing down and it's 2023 redux.  On the bright side, Trevor will likely be back late season and for playoffs, and they'll almost certainly make it based on momentum so far.

I really hope the great W-L record got SSK a ton of STH sign-ups before this news dropped!  Can't let SSK become a have-not $$ team.

P.S. Ben Le Barierre (SCTV reference), whilst having a great name isn't going to be the answer.  Don't they still have Fine or whoever?  They'll roll with him.
Never go full Rider!

ichabod_crane

Quote from: TecnoGenius on July 01, 2024, 01:27:01 AMP.S. Ben Le Barierre (SCTV reference), whilst having a great name isn't going to be the answer.  Don't they still have Fine or whoever?  They'll roll with him.

The Schmenge brothers want some cabbage rolls and perogies!! :D Johnny Larue (John Candy) for an OL sub for Bombers! ;) Bobby Bittman (Eugene Levy) for the opening comedy and singing act! :)