Masoli fainting?

Started by TecnoGenius, June 14, 2024, 07:46:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TecnoGenius

What was up with Masoli fainting on the sidelines?  I can't find any info on it yet.  Anyone at the game watching what went down?

Anyone go to any OTT forum?  Any info there?

Dude can't catch a break.  His body doesn't seem like it'll ever be football-capable again.
Never go full Rider!

theaardvark

If Masoli doesn't "faint", the game gets finished without the delay.

I'm starting the conspiracy theory right here...
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

Sir Blue and Gold

Quote from: TecnoGenius on June 14, 2024, 07:46:40 AMWhat was up with Masoli fainting on the sidelines?  I can't find any info on it yet.  Anyone at the game watching what went down?

Anyone go to any OTT forum?  Any info there?

Dude can't catch a break.  His body doesn't seem like it'll ever be football-capable again.

You probably won't find any information on it. It could have been anything, it could have been nothing. It probably has nothing to do with being football ready. Lots of things could make you unsteady for a second: anxiety, medication, flu, fasting, tiredness, etc.

It appeared he stayed on the sidelines so whatever it was, it didn't require any special intervention. Glad he appeared to be okay!

Blue In BC

Did he faint or get knocked down by the tackle and players ending up out of bounds?
2019 Grey Cup Champions

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: Blue In BC on June 14, 2024, 04:35:10 PMDid he faint or get knocked down by the tackle and players ending up out of bounds?

Looked like he fainted, I've fainted a few times myself and have no understanding of why it happens.

ModAdmin

We have a lot of coaches on here so maybe we can line up all the Doctors to opine on Masoli's medical issues. ;D
"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden

Stats Junkie

Tim Baines
@TimCBaines
Spectators on the south-side of TD Place saw #Redblacks QB Jeremiah Masoli go down on the sideline Thursday. Team sources say Masoli felt dizzy and light-headed. But he was at team meetings and a rundown Friday and felt fine. It was characterized as "not a big deal." #CFL
Twitter: @Stats_Junkie
Threads: statsjunkie71

theaardvark

Quote from: Stats Junkie on June 14, 2024, 08:36:52 PMTim Baines
@TimCBaines
Spectators on the south-side of TD Place saw #Redblacks QB Jeremiah Masoli go down on the sideline Thursday. Team sources say Masoli felt dizzy and light-headed. But he was at team meetings and a rundown Friday and felt fine. It was characterized as "not a big deal." #CFL

Fainting is never "not a big deal".  If it was hydration, that's one thing, but pro sportsters know about proper hydration.  If its an underlying neurological issue, then that's a problem.  I guess we will see.  With Dru's play this week, the need for Masoli becomes a lot lower priority.  He might get cut once they have to start paying him $SMS money.
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

TecnoGenius

Quote from: theaardvark on June 14, 2024, 08:41:26 PMFainting is never "not a big deal".  If it was hydration, that's one thing, but pro sportsters know about proper hydration.  If its an underlying neurological issue, then that's a problem.  I guess we will see.

Or underlying heart issue like that Hamlin guy in Buffalo.

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on June 14, 2024, 04:49:44 PMLooked like he fainted, I've fainted a few times myself and have no understanding of why it happens.

Definitely tell your doctor.  They will tell you random fainting is not normal and get you an EKG, etc.
Never go full Rider!

DM83

Yeah , athletes fainting isn't a good sign., nor anyone.  Diagnosis, and treatment required.

ichabod_crane

How hot or humid was it in Ottawa just prior to or during the game? Probably humid for sure with the major rain and lightning storm they had near the end of the game. I know in southern Ontario that the humidex can get totally ridiculous sometimes which can make you almost faint from body over heating. The body can't cool off as so wet and clammy. A dry heat is more bearable than humid conditions and if both (heat and humidity) almost anyone can faint without proper hydration and soaking your head in cool water every so often. I would not jump to the conclusion he has health issues unless he is diagnosed by a doctor.

I remember visiting a friend once in Toronto during July or August maybe 20 years ago. It was so ridiculously hot and humid! :(  He had no air conditioning in the house he was renting. I had to get up and take a shower 3-4 times overnight to keep somewhat from over heating. Just soaked my head fully to keep it as wet as possible. NO towel dry, just jumped back into the bed soaking wet.  Would work for a few hours then repeat. Not a good way to sleep!! The VERY NEXT DAY after that nonsense I called up a cousin also in Toronto who I knew had air conditioning and bolted over there ASAP! ;) SAVED!! :) ;)

TecnoGenius

On the bright side, as a football player Masoli is probably getting some of the best medical attention possible in Canada, starting with the in-house medical staff at the Redblacks.

I hope they provide some updates eventually rather than sweep it all under the rug.  In the worst case he could have some condition now that means he has to finally retire.
Never go full Rider!

DM83

He's another guy that should retire his body isn't working.
Heat and humidity in Toronto Hamilton is unlike anything we experience in the west.