Official Game Day Thread - Winnipeg at Ottawa - June 13, 2024

Started by ModAdmin, June 12, 2024, 05:00:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CrazyCanuck89

Quote from: TecnoGenius on June 19, 2024, 11:28:45 PMYa, but the couple of starts or spells Eli was in at C he was getting trucked onto his butt or whiffing even worse than Ko-man.  Doesn't mean he hasn't dev'd better by now... but I wouldn't bet money on it.

That's why I ask if some beast IMP C doesn't exist somewhere... CFL always focuses on IMP OTs because they are the most critical position, so there's so few good IMP OTs left to choose from (hence why they are coveted like Yoshi).  But the USA U system is also putting out gobs of IMP OG and Cs... the same number of them must be available to the CFL as OTs.  So in theory there should be many good beast ones we can look at?

Just because it's not traditionally done, doesn't mean we can't do it.  Since we're always 1-3 over ratio, there's absolutely nothing stopping us.  And an IMP C would by definition be an ELC, so it fits within our budget.

Yes, I do know C has a ton of responsibilities for calling out D formations, but I don't think that differs too much between Canada & US?  They might be able to pick the game up quickly.

With all the talented Canadian centres out there, no need to go import.  Plus Eli is basically an import.