Montreal @ Winnipeg Season opener.

Started by Pigskin, June 02, 2024, 08:45:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blueforlife

Quote from: DM83 on June 03, 2024, 12:14:21 PMLooks like the Jets scouting staff was  bringing in guys.  Does nit look good.
Is this the year we loose Zach.  No linebackers. Yikes.
Overstated on the negative, imo.  Scouting has been rock solid for years.  Perhaps watch at least half the season before you write off the talent brought in.  Can't compare the Bombers to the Jets as we have been dominant for years.  Linebackers will be fine assuming Wilson is not hurt and Biggie comes back.  Zach has proven to be injury free for years. Yikes on the negativity.

bluebeard

I have bad feelings about this game.  Maybe it's just me and season opener jitters> ???

TecnoGenius

Quote from: CrazyCanuck89 on June 04, 2024, 04:21:00 PMWho cares if it's unheard of?  If the Bomber's are winning and the Canucks on Defense are playing well, who cares?

Hey, if our D starts 4 or 5 NATs and they are lights out on Cody's pass, MTL run, and Cody scramble all night, then I will be the first to be on this board singing their praises, and all-in on the 9 NAT concept.
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Jesse on June 04, 2024, 05:42:45 PMI do love the hot, sunny ones.

Nothing like an evening start in the heat, sun going down 1.5 hours later, and it's still short/tee weather with not a hint of sweaters by 0:00.  Reminds me Hawaii at night.

I do feel for Goldie though...

Quote from: bluebeard on June 04, 2024, 11:08:12 PMI have bad feelings about this game.  Maybe it's just me and season opener jitters> ???

I still have optimism.  It's still The Can Mafia.  And I still don't believe MTL is legit legit.  I mean, it is Cody.  Is he the next Zach who's going to take MTL to the GC for the next 3 years?  I mean, the dude is not HoF-bound like Zach is.  How many times did we beat that guy in SSK??  How many times in MTL??  We're like 20-2 against Cody.

So feel good and happy and bring da noize!!  They won the GC in the stone dead quiet of HAM.  Let's show them how PAS operates!

(And for the love of all that is holy find a solution to the hitch screen!!)   :P
Never go full Rider!

kkc60

I think this will be a tough game, lots of new starters, and the first game is always one of the uglier ones. Will be interesting to see how the vets who never played or practiced this preseason perform

CrazyCanuck89

Quote from: TecnoGenius on June 05, 2024, 07:02:25 AMHey, if our D starts 4 or 5 NATs and they are lights out on Cody's pass, MTL run, and Cody scramble all night, then I will be the first to be on this board singing their praises, and all-in on the 9 NAT concept.

That's good.  So then people should stop complaining,before the season even starts?

theaardvark

I will go out on a limb and predict we will have 0 fake nat snaps this year, and a bonus draft pick.

Last year it was Kyle Samson that we got with our "free pick".  Any idea where he is?  We signed him, transactions shows him added to AR May 3, but nothing since, doesn't show on any of the lists.  Going back to school? 
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

pdirks67

Quote from: theaardvark on June 05, 2024, 08:05:04 PMI will go out on a limb and predict we will have 0 fake nat snaps this year, and a bonus draft pick.

Last year it was Kyle Samson that we got with our "free pick".  Any idea where he is?  We signed him, transactions shows him added to AR May 3, but nothing since, doesn't show on any of the lists.  Going back to school? 

He's on the 1-game IR.

theaardvark

Quote from: pdirks67 on June 05, 2024, 08:09:40 PMHe's on the 1-game IR.

Jeesh... how'd I miss that?

Team with strong Nat's get free Nat pick... if anything comes of it, bonus.
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

ichabod_crane

Montreal no longer has receiver Mack who was a difference maker in the Grey Cup. In fact most of their receivers on the latest depth chart don't ring too many bells outside Philpot.

TecnoGenius

Quote from: ichabod_crane on June 06, 2024, 05:18:42 AMMontreal no longer has receiver Mack who was a difference maker in the Grey Cup. In fact most of their receivers on the latest depth chart don't ring too many bells outside Philpot.

Both Snead and Spieker made some critical catches on that last drive or two.  Snead had one super critical one IIRC.  Spieker a couple.  Both of them are starting caliber and may be around a while.

Only Rambo is the big unknown, but so is our #80 Wilson...
Never go full Rider!

jayrock

Quote from: The Zipp on June 03, 2024, 06:32:20 PMFrom DT:

Collaros just threw the most ridiculous pass...scrambling, fit it into a ridiculously tiny window with a defender in tight coverage.
I'm still laughing in disbelief at how great that throw was.

From Bauming:

Zach Collaros just made one of the most impressive throws I have ever seen in-person. Impossibly small window to hit Johnny Augustine on and out-and-up down the sideline while draped in coverage. Incredible. #Bombers

Sure glad he has great throws in practice.
to soon??
RIDER PRIDE ALIVE IN THE PEG

J5V

Quote from: BomberFan73 on June 03, 2024, 03:40:14 PMI agree with most of what you said, except the bolded.
In no way is this a "must win". The team has shown that it is willing to go into the first few weeks feeling things out and treating it almost like an extended training camp for those hopefulls still on the roster/PR.
Personally I'm not too high on this team right now, too much uncertainty. But it's not how you start a season that is important.
Very strongly agree with the bolded. I want to see this team peaking at the right time and as long as we make the playoffs that's what matters. Just like 2019 when we had to beat Calgary, Sask, and Hammy and just like Montreal last year beating Hammy, Toronto, and ultimately, us. It's all about playing your best at the right time of year. I learned that in 2011 when the BC Lions started 0-5 and went on to win the Grey Cup.
Go Bombers!

dd

This is the cold slap in the face the Bombers needed. They've been reading too much about how they've been to 4 straight Grey Cups etc and clearly came unprepared to last nights grey cup rematch and they were clearly clearly outplayed. Time to get to work boys!!