Official Game Day Thread - Calgary at Winnipeg - May 31, 2024

Started by ModAdmin, May 30, 2024, 02:13:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ichabod_crane

Quote from: TecnoGenius on June 04, 2024, 08:14:39 AMYa, not the way many of us armchair-HCs would have done it.

Might it have been the massive spate of injuries in TC to starters (and backups) that spooked MOS?  I wonder.

Even if you are thinking "they are all 4X-in-a-row GC-goers they know how to play together", it always seems prudent to give them a series to get back into go-time mode!?

The funny thing is, the O is so consistent and unchanged I'm not worried about them too much, but on D it's massive changes across the board... yet we didn't field our starting D either.

MTL played their starting lineups heavily in PS1, and they looked sharp.  And I didn't see any of them get injured.  So +1 bonus to them.  Their massively-young lineup makes me feel old about our team, and them playing while our starters sit in the old-folks home makes me feel we're even older...

I guess we shall see if it works out!?  If our O can instantly click and put up 53, it won't matter what the D does.

Montreal played hardly any of their starters in the second preseason game much like the Bombers did. So a guessing game all around what kind of teams show up on Thursday. I think the Bombers get revenge at home though in style! Maybe even by a BIG score if Zach and the boyz go wild!! ;) Our D is unknown at this stage and special teams too outside the kickers really.

theaardvark

Sounds like Zach is dropping dimes, and with the receiving corps he has available, its going to be a long game for MTL DB's.

This may end up being a track meet... a real barn burner.  Offense is entertaining, though. 

We'll see if Fajardo still has anything in the tank, he lost his best receiver...
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

Blueforlife

Quote from: TecnoGenius on June 04, 2024, 08:07:26 AMI'm seeing 17 (who knows with these bad/crazy forecasters), but it'll probably be 12 by KO.  Ouch.  But at least no rain!!  And us 'Peggers don't care about 12.  Just means no shorts unless you really want to prove your manliness by 4th Q  :D  :D

I've spent enough CFL games freezing my butt off to know you pack for the worst case temp.   ;D  ;D  The key will be the hourly forecast going into 11pm.  It's showing can't get lower than 8, so that's not too bad, but the wind might be >30km/h for us 200-levels.

Good thing we've mostly sold out the game well in advance before the forecast turned south!
I was going off of Pinawa, my bad and also it's been revised to be much nicer!  Good point about wind, over night low and upper level.