BLUE BOMBERS TRANSACTIONS – MAY 27

Started by Blueforlife, May 27, 2024, 03:56:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kkc60

D'Abreu swapped with Upshaw, could be an upgrade.

Case getting cut is surprising, seemed to be a favourite. That being said, the lack of any front runner for Baileys spot could be a bit concerning. Wilson or Mitchell might be the guys, or maybe Afful?

Throw Long Bannatyne

Derek Taylor🏈
·
May 27, 2024
@DTonOB
·
Follow
Monday Bombers camp is underway:

Dalton Schoen, Stanley Bryant and Chris Kolankowski are back after days off.
Derek Taylor🏈
@DTonOB
·
Follow
Bombers announce they've released WR/RET Kody Case and DL Rick D'Abreu.
Case missed practice yesterday, appeared injured. He was one of the four returners working in practice.

#Bombers #CFL

Sounds like Case may have been injured, his play in game #1 certainly didn't warrant getting cut.

theaardvark

Quote from: kkc60 on May 27, 2024, 04:12:20 PMD'Abreu swapped with Upshaw, could be an upgrade.

Case getting cut is surprising, seemed to be a favourite. That being said, the lack of any front runner for Baileys spot could be a bit concerning. Wilson or Mitchell might be the guys, or maybe Afful?

TC injuries are the worst.  Will be interesting to see how bad it is and if he ends up sticking around and rehabbing.
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

pdirks67

Quote from: kkc60 on May 27, 2024, 04:12:20 PMD'Abreu swapped with Upshaw, could be an upgrade.

The one day that I was at practice last week, Case dropped multiple passes and at least one punt/kick. Small sample size, but...

LXTSN

Quote from: pdirks67 on May 27, 2024, 05:00:10 PMThe one day that I was at practice last week, Case dropped multiple passes and at least one punt/kick. Small sample size, but...
That could be injury related too I suppose.
There are just so many options at WR. Just because none of them are standing out doesn't mean none of them won't. I think the Bombers are giving the chance to everyone on that WR list.
I think this last preseason game will answer a lot of questions at WR.

Pigskin

I have been to many practices, and Case has been one of the best WR on the field on a regular bases.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

theaardvark

They needed space for Neufeld and Castillo to return to the roster, so it makes sense if Case is injured...
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

Blueforlife

Some great discussion and reports here all thanks!

ichabod_crane

I heard he was pretty "Awful"! ;) What a last name to have in pro sports trying to make a team! :D  Maybe it's like the Johnny Cash song "A boy named Sue". Father gave him that first name (not a last name as in this case) to spur him on to make something of his life while hating the absentee father for giving him that name or now-a-days could be the mother too! :D ;) :)