Banjo Bowl 2024

Started by Bluehawk, May 08, 2024, 04:02:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bluehawk

Looking at the ticket availability for the game and it appears there are around
70 single tickets left!!! Wow...virtually a sellout and before training camp starts!
Bomber fans already setting the tone for what should be a great year on the field and in
the stands.
Can't wait to do it all again.

Go Bombers!!!

Hawk
I'd rather be a Bomber than a .....

TecnoGenius

I'm sure it'll be a complete sellout.  But as for right now, often they reserve blocks of seats for various purposes, and release them later, so take any TM maps with a grain of salt at the moment.

I have a feeling this season will sell even more tickets than last.  Last season 229-230-231 started being full a few games in (my gauge of selling-out-ed-ness), and never really stopped being full.  That was highly unusual compared to previous years.  I wouldn't be surprised if they're just full every game in '25.

If WFC does a good job getting the marginal ticket buyer out en masse it'll be a record year for IGF PAS.
Never go full Rider!

blue_gold_84

That has to be a record. And a very impressive one, at that!
#forthew
лава Україні!
井の中の蛙大海を知らず

Bluehawk

Well regardless if the team is holding any tickets back, the TM map is only showing 9 single tickets.
Fansfirst has more tickets listed on their site than TM lol!!!!
Best news is that while I think Sask will win more this year and be competitive, we wont have to put up with too many
greenies in the stands during the Banjo party!
Go Bombers.

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Bluehawk on May 24, 2024, 11:48:03 PMBest news is that while I think Sask will win more this year and be competitive, we wont have to put up with too many
greenies in the stands
during the Banjo party!
Go Bombers.

Ya, but if the demand is high enough it should be possible to get above face on stubhub, and some people will choose to do that (last minute trips, illness, etc).  Always something if you're willing to pay!  ;D  ;D  Of course, not sure the greenies will want to pay to watch their team get eviscerated?  :D  8)

Goes to show we probably could have had another 3k seats designed into our stadium and rake in even more $$ (like New Mosaic).  At the expense of many games looking less "full" of course.  You never want to have the look of BC Place...
Never go full Rider!

blue_or_die

Quote from: TecnoGenius on May 26, 2024, 03:49:02 AMYa, but if the demand is high enough it should be possible to get above face on stubhub, and some people will choose to do that (last minute trips, illness, etc).  Always something if you're willing to pay!  ;D  ;D  Of course, not sure the greenies will want to pay to watch their team get eviscerated?  :D  8)

Goes to show we probably could have had another 3k seats designed into our stadium and rake in even more $$ (like New Mosaic).  At the expense of many games looking less "full" of course.  You never want to have the look of BC Place...

Does Mosaic Stadium hold 3K more than IGF (PAS)?
#Ride?

TecnoGenius

Quote from: blue_or_die on May 27, 2024, 06:13:59 PMDoes Mosaic Stadium hold 3K more than IGF (PAS)?

I thought so.

Net says Mosaic 33k expands to 40k
PAS 32k expands to ?

So maybe not as much bigger as I thought.  Sure looks bigger when you're in it, and the "200-level" is 2 stories higher up than ours, so all that middle/premium stuff should hold more people.

But they did waste that whole area above the drive-out gap, whereas we put seats above ours.  Also, PIL country is a really bad use of space vs our Fanatic Fan zone (couple hundred butts vs thousands).  And there's a bunch of premium-lite seating that has extra wide seats and spacing (I've sat there, it's nice).
Never go full Rider!

ichabod_crane

Quote from: TecnoGenius on May 08, 2024, 06:24:30 AMI'm sure it'll be a complete sellout.  But as for right now, often they reserve blocks of seats for various purposes, and release them later, so take any TM maps with a grain of salt at the moment.

I have a feeling this season will sell even more tickets than last.  Last season 229-230-231 started being full a few games in (my gauge of selling-out-ed-ness), and never really stopped being full.  That was highly unusual compared to previous years.  I wouldn't be surprised if they're just full every game in '25.

If WFC does a good job getting the marginal ticket buyer out en masse it'll be a record year for IGF PAS.

Does being a season ticket holder give you first/second dibs on Grey Cup tix for next year? I'm thinking of coming out to the Peg for that one. Was there in 1998 with Calgary vs Cats. Like a warm chinook blew in just a day or two before and was a toasty +10C on game day, partly cloudy and pretty quiet wind near end of November!! :D Really lucked out as was at playoff games earlier than that in Winnipeg before 1991 and could be snowing or pretty cold. Calgary is the same deal. BRUTALLY cold western final vs Sask in 2010. Left at halftime as my extremities could not handle it anymore!

I moved away to BC in summer of 1991 so missed that ice bowl that year in Winnipeg! My bro's said it was brutally cold where the Dunigan led Argos + the Rocket dumped the up and coming Stamps. That beer can somehow threw on the field of play as the Rocket waltzed into the end zone on a kickoff I believe is a memory stamped on me forever!! ;) JOhn Candy, Wayne Gretzy and Bruce McNall owned the Argos at that time. Think they only owned it for 2 years before all the pizazz wore off. That's Toronto for you where even Gretzky the legend already at that time can't hold sway for long.

BomberFan73

Gotta be Ticket master holding back seats that will be released later, right?
Almost always there's a ton of tickets at this time.

TecnoGenius

Quote from: ichabod_crane on May 27, 2024, 11:36:52 PMDoes being a season ticket holder give you first/second dibs on Grey Cup tix for next year?

I'm pretty sure that (GC first dibs) is the case, but usually only for the number of ST seats you hold normally.  But it doesn't guarantee you your normal seat, I think(?).

Not sure where you are located, but coming in for the '25 GC will probably be worth it.  Good chance we'll be in it.

But as someone who has gone to a few of GCs in the last few years, don't sweat it too much as there is always plenty of tix available in the aftermarket, especially when they expand the seating.  And if the weather forecast gets bad (a good bet for WPG in Nov) more tix will be getting dumped.  It all depends how much uncertainty you can tolerate...

Quote from: BomberFan73 on May 28, 2024, 12:25:15 AMGotta be Ticket master holding back seats that will be released later, right?
Almost always there's a ton of tickets at this time.

For BB I'm thinking yes, I think the stadiums like to leave a few chunks available for junkets, etc.  Surely there is a Greenie junket that comes out to @PAS for BB??

Besides us Uber-Fans, who is thinking "Banjo Bowl" this early in the year??  Ya, no one.  Unless scalpers are snapping them up trying to make a profit when the buzz is at its maximum?
Never go full Rider!

ichabod_crane

Quote from: TecnoGenius on May 28, 2024, 10:46:14 PMI'm pretty sure that (GC first dibs) is the case, but usually only for the number of ST seats you hold normally.  But it doesn't guarantee you your normal seat, I think(?).

Not sure where you are located, but coming in for the '25 GC will probably be worth it.  Good chance we'll be in it.

But as someone who has gone to a few of GCs in the last few years, don't sweat it too much as there is always plenty of tix available in the aftermarket, especially when they expand the seating.  And if the weather forecast gets bad (a good bet for WPG in Nov) more tix will be getting dumped.  It all depends how much uncertainty you can tolerate...

I have immediate family (brothers and sister's families) and long time friends all in Winnipeg area so I would not be coming JUST for the game. Just a good combo package if I can swing it next year. We shall see.

Yes there is always an after market available I know. Not worried about NOT getting a seat if I badly want to go. Bombers not in it or 30 below will be MANY tix available I am sure! :D

Went to 1994 GC in Vancouver (Baltimore vs Lions - first USA expansion team vs a Canadian team), 1998 in Winnipeg (Stamps vs Cats), 2009 in Calgary (Als vs Riders - the infamous 13th man fiasco for the Riders!!). I remember that game vividly as everyone thought the game was over when the Montreal kicker missed his field goal, but I saw the referee toss the flag and knew it might not be over. Talk about a DOWNER for the stubble jumpers!! :D I also did some volunteer work at that Calgary Grey Cup. Still have a fleece jacket and some other goodies from that time.

Last GC I went to was also in Calgary in 2019 when the Bombers broke their drought. I live in Calgary for over 2 decades so no travel involved and got a ticket easily from the reseller market as Stamps were not in it. After the early interception in that game I knew it was already over. I could just tell the Bombers had that game and no denying them. I was sitting beside a Cats fan who came in from Hamilton and he did not have the happiest of afternoons!! That was the game where Chris Cuthbert had the man crush on Keith Urban I believe late in the 3rd quarter which thankfully I did not see in the stands. Only saw it after I rewatched the game on my PVR! :D

ModAdmin

My understanding is that Season Tickets have been selling very well too.  Another good sign.
"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden

Sir Blue and Gold

I heard that this game is very close to all sold out already which has never happened so fast before.

Bluehawk

TM is showing ONE single seat available today ;D

Go Blue!!!!

Maybe we should offer up this last seat to Riderville as a goodwill gesture.....nah on second thought...bad idea. :D 

TecnoGenius

Quote from: ichabod_crane on May 28, 2024, 11:26:22 PMThat was the game where Chris Cuthbert had the man crush on Keith Urban I believe late in the 3rd quarter which thankfully I did not see in the stands. Only saw it after I rewatched the game on my PVR! :D

Suits was the man-crush.  Cuthbert was always more professional.

I must have watched that game 30 times.  Haven't watched it in over a year though.  Maybe time to...

Banjo: Maybe WFC should put up the temp stands for the S EZ?!
Never go full Rider!