Bombers re-sign Redha Kramdi

Started by VictorRomano, December 19, 2023, 08:59:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Pigskin on December 22, 2023, 04:46:20 AM
3 years with the Bombers.

Wow, a true WFC development guy then.  I guess I should have read the press release  ;)

I still don't recall his name much in 2022.  It wasn't until he caused Darby to be benched that I really noticed.  CFL stats (working again yay!) shows only 22 DT in 2023?  I think he started 1/3 to 1/2 a season?  Seems low for a CFL SAM in 6 to 9 starts?

I think we may have been doing some non-traditional SAM things with him.  He often didn't seem to end up in the places you'd expect SAM to end up in.

I expect continued wackiness to how we structure our roster, and wackiness how we utilize him.  If nothing else, it'll be surprising and entertaining.  The experiment continues.

So... did we get him cheap because no other team wants to start a NAT SAM; or did we get him expensive because he's a rare NAT SAM??  I'm guessing we got a cap friendly deal.
Never go full Rider!

CrazyCanuck89

Quote from: TecnoGenius on December 22, 2023, 09:08:10 AM
Wow, a true WFC development guy then.  I guess I should have read the press release  ;)

I still don't recall his name much in 2022.  It wasn't until he caused Darby to be benched that I really noticed.  CFL stats (working again yay!) shows only 22 DT in 2023?  I think he started 1/3 to 1/2 a season?  Seems low for a CFL SAM in 6 to 9 starts?

I think we may have been doing some non-traditional SAM things with him.  He often didn't seem to end up in the places you'd expect SAM to end up in.

I expect continued wackiness to how we structure our roster, and wackiness how we utilize him.  If nothing else, it'll be surprising and entertaining.  The experiment continues.

So... did we get him cheap because no other team wants to start a NAT SAM; or did we get him expensive because he's a rare NAT SAM??  I'm guessing we got a cap friendly deal.

Actually the Elks started Makonzo at SAM before he got injured. 

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: TecnoGenius on December 22, 2023, 02:12:54 AM
So because he just re-signed that means he was just coming off his year 2 with us?  I don't recall his name from 2022... but I assume he was playing ST for us, or was he just PR?  Did he ever get a live snap at SAM in '22?

I guess we'll never know what went down re: Darby vs Kramdi that made us switch to a NAT when we didn't need to.

You no longer have to ask or guess, CFL.ca stats page is now functioning.

https://www.cfl.ca/players/redha-kramdi/166250/

Kramdi has been in Wpg. since 2021, so he either signed a 3-year initial contract or re-upped last year on a one year deal.

theaardvark

Quote from: TecnoGenius on December 22, 2023, 09:08:10 AM

I don't think any of these deals being signed are bargains, nor overpays.  The way it seems to work is Walters sets a number he wants to pay, and if the player agrees, there's a deal.  He doesn't seem to be a guy that lowballs anyone (unless they won't come in for a workout).  Those asking above the offer are the ones that test FA, and might miss out on a deal if someone else signs with us first.  And Walters adjusts his sights based on who he has signed, how much SMS is left, and who is out there.  He seems very adept at getting good value in veterans, having a great coaching staff and a culture  makes his job a lot easier.  Bailey showed that last year.
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

Blue In BC

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on December 22, 2023, 03:48:18 PM
You no longer have to ask or guess, CFL.ca stats page is now functioning.

https://www.cfl.ca/players/redha-kramdi/166250/

Kramdi has been in Wpg. since 2021, so he either signed a 3-year initial contract or re-upped last year on a one year deal.

It only took the entire season to correct the stats and roster formats back to the previous version. lol
2019 Grey Cup Champions

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: Blue In BC on December 22, 2023, 03:55:02 PM
It only took the entire season to correct the stats and roster formats back to the previous version. lol

I can honestly say I liked the old stats. format better, but as I understand it they will be adding a ton of new stats. that couldn't be accommodated in the old system.  Ambrosie spoke about this at length in his state of the CFL talk during GC week.