Blue Bombers re-sign defensive back Deatrick Nichols

Started by ModAdmin, December 21, 2023, 03:28:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blue_or_die

Quote from: TecnoGenius on December 22, 2023, 02:21:45 AM
Yes, this is the most unusual part of all the signing announcements so far... we usually don't see this many 2-years.  And once again we're signing another top/key guy first.

Are we pulling out the "play in the GC at home in 2025 and go down in history" card to get all of these 2 year deals??

Love me some Nichols!!  Now... change to #15 so my jersey(s!) can be useful again!!  :P

I was always hoping this was the case ever since we got named host in '25. That is our milestone.
#Ride?

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Lincoln Locomotive on December 22, 2023, 04:10:56 PM
what's the status of Holm?   He was definitely one of our better DBs along with Nichols

I don't have any info on Holm.  But I did want to say that after rewatching the GC his INT was probably the best defensive play by a Bomber all year.  He high-pointed it backwards/upsidedown like the top receivers do, and he out-receivered Mack in a contested catch, who is or soon will be a top-3 CFL WR.

All this and Holm is, I'm guessing, several inches shorter than Mack.

A completely insane play that should be remembered for years to come, even if we did lose.  He didn't really INT much in-season, but he sure got one when it counted.  It should have been enough for us to win...

We found & dev'd Holm, and gave him his big pro shot.  Hopefully he stays with us a while.
Never go full Rider!

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: Lincoln Locomotive on December 22, 2023, 04:10:56 PM
what's the status of Holm?   He was definitely one of our better DBs along with Nichols

Holm has already worked out for the Vikes and today/yesterday it was announced he's also working out for the Denver Broncos.