Teuhema suspended 1 game

Started by Blue In BC, October 27, 2023, 10:22:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blue In BC

The Lions DL has been suspended for 1 game. It took an entire week to make the decision and I wonder if he'll be allowed to appeal?

The Lions may only have the WSF game left this year.  I think he's a 2nd year player and could potentially be out of the CFL in 2024 or with another CFL team.

Does the CFL have the nads to prevent him from playing in the WSF?

In the past most suspensions have been appealed and I wondered what would have happened late in a season such as this.

IMO the Lions should make an internal decision to suspend him themselves if he chooses to appeal. It's bad PR to allow him to play but I doubt that action is taken.

2019 Grey Cup Champions

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: Blue In BC on October 27, 2023, 10:22:20 PM
The Lions DL has been suspended for 1 game. It took an entire week to make the decision and I wonder if he'll be allowed to appeal?

The Lions may only have the WSF game left this year.  I think he's a 2nd year player and could potentially be out of the CFL in 2024 or with another CFL team.

Does the CFL have the nads to prevent him from playing in the WSF?

In the past most suspensions have been appealed and I wondered what would have happened late in a season such as this.

IMO the Lions should make an internal decision to suspend him themselves if he chooses to appeal. It's bad PR to allow him to play but I doubt that action is taken.

It's not clear who you're referring to, please clarify.

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on October 28, 2023, 12:16:27 AM
It's not clear who you're referring to, please clarify.

Title of the thread: Teuhema.

BC's DL guy who punched a guy and got ejected.

He's pretty important for that DL, though they have enough depth it won't cream them if he's gone in WSF.

Isn't this move really late?  Why are they calling this now?  If they really want him to play, he can appeal and that would probably push the ruling out to next season... though if they get in the GC (heaven forbid) it could turn out he misses an even more important game!

My bet is he takes the punishment now (WSF) unless he's positive he can defer the decision to next season.
Never go full Rider!

dd

I didn't see the play, but if you punch someone, what is there to appeal??

TecnoGenius

Quote from: dd on October 28, 2023, 02:35:01 AM

It used to be every single suspension was appealed.  You don't need a good reason, you just have to say "I appeal".  It's only lately that players have stopped appealing when it's a slam dunk.
Never go full Rider!

dd

It should be if you appeal and lose, you pay a fine for wasting everyone?s time. The automatic appeal is a complete and total joke

TecnoGenius

Quote from: dd on October 28, 2023, 03:18:21 AM
It should be if you appeal and lose, you pay a fine for wasting everyone?s time. The automatic appeal is a complete and total joke

Take it up with the CBA / CFLPA!  ;D
Never go full Rider!

Blue In BC

Quote from: dd on October 28, 2023, 02:35:01 AM

It was essentially the same action as the Robertson hit on Collaros. Late head butt to an excessive level post play.

The issue isn't as much he would win but an appeal usually takes several weeks and it could slide out to 2024. That would be nuts IMO. He could be in the USFL/XFL or trying out in the NFL for all we know today.

The Lions may not make it past the WSF and if they do, then he could miss the WDF or Grey Cup.

2019 Grey Cup Champions

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Blue In BC on October 28, 2023, 04:02:46 AM
The Lions may not make it past the WSF and if they do, then he could miss the WDF or Grey Cup.

If CGY plays anything like today, they are in a for a world of hurt.  This was 95% CGY's starting lineup on O.  ~80% on D.  Against 10 of our PRs PLUS the "backups" on AR.

Maier looked stinky.
Never go full Rider!

Blue In BC

On Lionbackers there is a feeling he will appeal. IMO there is nothing that will change the outcome on an appeal. The catch is that the delay may mean he misses a subsequent game like the WDF.

Even from the players point of view it's a choice between two bad choices that he brought on himself.

I've always said that the league needs to improve the process and eliminate loopholes of long delays for example. The suspension should have been announced last Monday and any appeal done early this week. Bing bang boom.

2019 Grey Cup Champions

Jesse

Quote from: Blue In BC on October 28, 2023, 01:39:21 PM
On Lionbackers there is a feeling he will appeal. IMO there is nothing that will change the outcome on an appeal. The catch is that the delay may mean he misses a subsequent game like the WDF.

Even from the players point of view it's a choice between two bad choices that he brought on himself.

I've always said that the league needs to improve the process and eliminate loopholes of long delays for example. The suspension should have been announced last Monday and any appeal done early this week. Bing bang boom.

You'd almost want to miss the WSF in order to be available for the WF, right?
My wife is amazing!

Blue In BC

Quote from: Jesse on October 28, 2023, 02:50:55 PM
You'd almost want to miss the WSF in order to be available for the WF, right?

In theory that is true. In theory playing against Calgary at home will be an easier game for the Lions than playing in Winnipeg for the WDF. That said the Stamps beat the Lions at home with Teuhema in the last regular season game.

The earlier in the season a suspension happens, the easier the decision more or less.  From the player's point of view it's a total loss of a game check payday any way you look at it.

When you start having to consider not being available for a play off game, ups the stakes.

From my point of view, a suspension should be immediate. Do the crime, do the time. I'd say that about any player from any team. It's not acceptable for any reason.

Should probably hear what he chooses to do by Monday or Tuesday.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

Waffler

Quote from: TecnoGenius on October 28, 2023, 04:09:45 AM
If CGY plays anything like today, they are in a for a world of hurt.  This was 95% CGY's starting lineup on O.  ~80% on D.  Against 10 of our PRs PLUS the "backups" on AR.

Maier looked stinky.

In soccer they call this a "friendly". That was not the real CGY. I still favor BC though.
Buried in the essentially random digits of pi, you can find your eight-digit birthdate. (Is that a wink from God or just a lot of digits?) - David G. Myers

Blue In BC

Anybody hear if he's appealing? Nothing in the local info yet.
2019 Grey Cup Champions