Edmonton Sellout?

Started by Bluehawk, October 21, 2023, 06:27:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bluehawk

Just looking at ticketmaster and there can't be more than 500 tickets left for the game.
For a late October game which is against a non playoff team,  that is a great crowd and
hats off the all the fans going and the organization.
Now that the game is a no need to win game, noticed an uptick of resales on FansFirst but none the less,
this is basically a sellout!!
Go Bombers!!!
I'd rather be a Bomber than a .....

TecnoGenius

The weather will be decent, and the rain will stay away (hopefully).  Wind dying down from 20 to 7 as the evening progresses, but a North wind meaning a bit chillier in the 200-level.

Really can't ask for much better for late October.

Even though we don't need to win, you can bet our #2's will be playing all-out to show that they are great players too.  And the #1's will probably show off for at least the 1st quarter.  The wildcard will be how will EDM play it?  Will they be fierce knowing we won't risk much for an unimportant game?  Or will they play weakly too, like a fun exhibition game?
Never go full Rider!

J5V

Quote from: TecnoGenius on October 21, 2023, 07:38:12 PM
Even though we don't need to win, you can bet our #2's will be playing all-out to show that they are great players too.  And the #1's will probably show off for at least the 1st quarter.
To me, I thought BO and Lawler had very good games, as did Bailey. McRae deserves honourable mention as does Grant. I'm a little concerned with the play of Rose and Parker. I'm more than a little concerned that we allowed a kick return TD to a team that hadn't had one in a decade.
Go Bombers!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: J5V on October 22, 2023, 04:20:23 AM
To me, I thought BO and Lawler had very good games, as did Bailey. McRae deserves honourable mention as does Grant. I'm a little concerned with the play of Rose and Parker. I'm more than a little concerned that we allowed a kick return TD to a team that hadn't had one in a decade.

Bailey was the sneak surprise fantasy vulture.  Would have been a great deal for big points.  But too hard to pick him after a really down year (fantasy-wise -- no points for blocking).

I can forgive the KO return TD as that guy is brand new and no one knew squat about him.  If you don't know a guy's speed you can't plan your coverage.  That dude was faaaaast.  One cut and he was gone, pretty much.  No one hanging back to be a last line.  Oh well, I can live with being the answer to that trivia question...

Lots of empty seats in my, and most sections, so kind of a paper sellout, but hey that's fine and still a super crowd for this time of year.  Overall I think we have to be happy with everything (by our team and others) the last few weeks.  Pretty much a dream ending to the regular season.
Never go full Rider!