Good Bad and the Ugly

Started by bwiser, October 07, 2023, 04:13:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: The Zipp on October 09, 2023, 09:54:50 PM
Ugly not mentioned yet - Rose got torched then absolutely bullied when making a weak tackle attempt. 

Yah, shades of last season!

Waffler

Quote from: TecnoGenius on October 08, 2023, 05:48:25 AM
How do we feel about Grant getting so many O plays? 

They have to limit this and once we secure first, NONE. Also get him in space, nothing inside like what he got hurt on. He is still 157 pounds.
Buried in the essentially random digits of pi, you can find your eight-digit birthdate. (Is that a wink from God or just a lot of digits?) - David G. Myers

GOLDMEMBER

Ugly not mentioned yet - Rose got torched then absolutely bullied when making a weak tackle attempt. 
He has not played great this year overall. Maybe some younger blood might help in the playoffs. Teams will continue to attack him!
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on October 10, 2023, 03:15:54 AM
He has not played great this year overall. Maybe some younger blood might help in the playoffs. Teams will continue to attack him!

Question is if Houston comes back in time, who do they pull?  Certainly not Parker.

Blue In BC

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on October 10, 2023, 05:06:44 PM
Question is if Houston comes back in time, who do they pull?  Certainly not Parker.

I have no doubt that Houston will return as the starter for our next game. IMO we should also keep Parker on the AR in case we have an injury in the secondary. Who we take off then becomes the question.

2019 Grey Cup Champions

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: Blue In BC on October 10, 2023, 05:19:36 PM
I have no doubt that Houston will return as the starter for our next game. IMO we should also keep Parker on the AR in case we have an injury in the secondary. Who we take off then becomes the question.

No way they pull Parker after that performance, I predict Houston is out a bit longer than you think, and Rose is safe through to the end of the playoffs.

Blue In BC

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on October 10, 2023, 05:56:25 PM
No way they pull Parker after that performance, I predict Houston is out a bit longer than you think, and Rose is safe through to the end of the playoffs.

Houston got injured on Sept 29th and we don't play until Oct 21. That's 3 weeks and I expect he'll be back if the game is a must win situation. I've already suggested we keep Parker on the AR in any case. We'll see but we already knew Parker was a very good DB.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

TecnoGenius

Ugly not mentioned yet - Rose got torched then absolutely bullied when making a weak tackle attempt

To be fair, Cottoy looks like twice Rose's size.  How does a tiny DB bring down a beast like that?  Serious question.  When he's stiff arming you how do you go for the legs?  I don't think grabbing his arm would have helped.  Cottoy would just carry him like a doll.  But there must be a solution.

We should solve it though, because both Cottoy and Rhymes look huge compared to some of our DBs and we'll need ways to tackle them when they are making deep catches against man converage.
Never go full Rider!

J5V

Yeah, good point. I was reminded of Manny Arceneaux ragdolling Demond Washington when that happened back in, I think, 2015.
Go Bombers!

dd

Quote from: TecnoGenius on October 11, 2023, 03:04:12 AM
To be fair, Cottoy looks like twice Rose's size.  How does a tiny DB bring down a beast like that?  Serious question.  When he's stiff arming you how do you go for the legs?  I don't think grabbing his arm would have helped.  Cottoy would just carry him like a doll.  But there must be a solution.

We should solve it though, because both Cottoy and Rhymes look huge compared to some of our DBs and we'll need ways to tackle them when they are making deep catches against man converage.
Duh, you have to tackle him low!!! THe guy tries to straight arm you, you knock his arm away. anyone in youth league football knows that.

TecnoGenius

Quote from: dd on October 12, 2023, 12:51:12 AM
Duh, you have to tackle him low!!! THe guy tries to straight arm you, you knock his arm away. anyone in youth league football knows that.

I've watched it a few more times and it's clear Rose is going for the strip.  He tries for the strip several times in fact, the whole run down the field.  Maybe Rose thought he had help from someone?  Maybe he has been coached that Cottoy is a fumbler?  Don't know.

Where Rose was positioned after the catch and the first strip attempt it looked as though it would be difficult to reach Cottoy's legs had he made a lunge instead.
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

I think Schoen will be ok.  The hit that put him in protocol was 4Q7:58.  But it was only a single-contact type hit, but maybe 45 degrees angle on the front/side of helmet as the DB pulls him down with most of his body weight and Schoen's helmet hits the turf.

Schoen wasn't showing any signs of being knocked out, doesn't seem wobbly on getting up, seems to know where he is, etc.  But he doesn't look like he's feeling too hot for sure, and is definitely not doing ok on the next play as he's jogging.  The only really bad sign is many minutes later they show him blinking and rubbing his eyes on the sidelines... he should have been feeling better by then.

So in my medical opinion (haha) he won't be out for any big time period in protocol.  Whether we rest him once we've clinched the home WDF is another question.  I suppose we could even rest him for the EDM game after the bye, though McCrae isn't the best substitution because he's a shifty speed guy, not the bruiser clutch guy like Schoen.
Never go full Rider!

Lincoln Locomotive

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on October 10, 2023, 05:56:25 PM
Agreed Parker was heroic on that game saving tackle and on the OT 3rd down last ditch passing attempt by Adams....he was nothing short of heroic
Bomber fan for life

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Lincoln Locomotive on October 12, 2023, 07:44:53 AM
Agreed Parker was heroic on that game saving tackle and on the OT 3rd down last ditch passing attempt by Adams....he was nothing short of heroic

What was clear was Parker has mega speed.  No wonder we were trying him at returner.  He might be the fastest guy after Grant??

If Houston is back, is there any chance we sit Rose for Parker??  Sounds crazy, but it you want to look at who has been performing...
Never go full Rider!