Official Game Day Thread - Saskatchewan at Winnipeg September 9, 2023

Started by ModAdmin, September 07, 2023, 09:54:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bunker

Quote from: pjrocksmb on September 10, 2023, 01:20:37 AM
Perfect game, great team
Yeah not worth watching.  Yeah waxing your biggest rival means nothing.  Now I have heard it all.

We are consistently great.  10 and 3.  Nuff said.  #1d+ Hall is boss.
We are sometimes great, like yesterday, we are sometimes average, and we are sometimes awful. We have a very good team, but we are not at all consistent. No team consistently plays at an ultra high level, but our lows are too low IMO. Not sure if its become too difficult to get up for all the games, since many of our best players have been in the league for a lot of years, and been to the last few Grey Cups. I think we are the victims of some players taking 1/2 a step back due to age, and a bit of complacency setting in. But our highs our very high (see yesterday, or the second BC game), and hopefully we show more of that on Sept 29th.

Nic16

The 4 min unBB-like implosion in OTT and a ST beat down in the LDC is the only reason the BB are not 12-1

It is dam hard to play 18 perfect football games. As the saying goes, the other team gets paid too!

bunker

Quote from: Nic16 on September 11, 2023, 02:25:17 AM
The 4 min unBB-like implosion in OTT and a ST beat down in the LDC is the only reason the BB are not 12-1

It is dam hard to play 18 perfect football games. As the saying goes, the other gets paid too!
We had a huge letdown against Hamilton also. We failed to show up in the first game against BC. We weren't great in the first half against Edmonton. I'm not expecting perfection but we've been a little  hot and cold this year.

Nic16

Quote from: bunker on September 11, 2023, 02:37:32 AM
We had a huge letdown against Hamilton also. We failed to show up in the first game against BC. We weren't great in the first half against Edmonton. I'm not expecting perfection but we've been a little  hot and cold this year.

The so called huge letdown vs Ham could be nailed down to 2 plays. A blocked Punt TD return - only one of the season and a Pick 6.

The cold start in the Edmonton game could be attributed to a letdown after blowing out BC the game prior. After getting the train moving forward the BB rolled over the Elks 38-7 the rest of the way!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Blue In BC on September 09, 2023, 10:56:07 PM
Nice to only allow 6 points but what was that short K/O to start the game?

No idea what that short kick was.  Personally I think it was a whiffed kick / accident.  If we did plan it, then maybe we wanted to show SSK we were going to mix things up a little, too.  But letting them start at the 55 was kind of ugly.

Collaros: had as close to a perfect game a QB can have. Lawler nearly added another TD which would have been the cherry on top of the cake.

Lawler whiffed on *2* very catchable sure-thing TDs.  Both instances there were guys in his face, throwing off his timing.  But they didn't hit the ball.  Both went through Lawler's hands.  The Dru pass whiff was especially catchable.

I was shocked @IGF that he missed those.  He always makes those.  In his sleep.  I was paying very close attention as he was my fantasy captain.  Lost points, man!  It also cost Zach a career best 7(?) TD game.

Hopefully something isn't amiss with Lawler's talents at the moment... hopefully he uses it as ammo to do better.

Seemed strange to not see Demski involved statistically. He didn't need to but it was a quiet game for him.

SSK often keys on Demski.  They really perceive him as the main threat, maybe because he was an ex-Rider.  Maybe because he always torches them.  In any event, if they keyed on Demski and Lawler, that explains Schoen being more open.
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: dd on September 10, 2023, 12:13:06 AM
I didn?t even tune in today, I knew it was going to be a blow out. Who cares if you win by 50, my question is where were 3 of those points last week so we could have won that close game?? Execution was brutal last week and obviously pretty good this week. Why the inconsistency? That?s troubling

Crowd noise and energy was brutal @LDC.  Everyone-standing fan hate on many late game plays.  Even the grannies were screaming.  You could tell it was throwing WPG off: it's not easy.  And the SSK D fed off of that and brought the wood.  The entire team on and off field knew they had to win that game or there would be hell to pay.  It changes the dynamic in their heads.
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: PeakyBlinders on September 10, 2023, 04:10:48 PM
OK Thanks, I am not sure I have ever seen that before. Almost felt like the Bombers were saying FU, go ahead have the ball it does not matter lol

Ya, giving the other team a KO in both halves is very strange indeed when wind is basically a non-factor.  I was in 200-level and it came and went throughout the game, but was mostly calm in the 2nd half.

Maybe it was a big mind-youknowwhat to get SSK to do double takes?

It'd be a great question for MOS on coaches show....
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: bunker on September 10, 2023, 09:26:36 PM
We are sometimes great, like yesterday, we are sometimes average, and we are sometimes awful. We have a very good team, but we are not at all consistent.

I think we are very consistent compared to most other teams.  We have been in every game except one: the first BC game.  The other two losses we were playing well enough to win, but just couldn't seal the deal.

The BC game is our mulligan, just as TOR gets a mulligan when they were beaten by lowly, mediocre CGY.

We do certainly tend to get unstoppable when we get on a roll/rhythm.  The games where we don't do that, we have to duke it out, but we can still usually win.  The main problem is the 2023 GC will likely be of the slobberknocker variety, which means we will have to have a bit of luck and make the few extra plays.
Never go full Rider!

blue_gold_84

Another statement game after another ugly loss. What a massacre.

A 10-3 record would indicate this is a pretty consistent team.
#forthew
лава Україні!
井の中の蛙大海を知らず

Sir Blue and Gold

Quote from: bunker on September 10, 2023, 09:26:36 PM
We are sometimes great, like yesterday, we are sometimes average, and we are sometimes awful. We have a very good team, but we are not at all consistent. No team consistently plays at an ultra high level, but our lows are too low IMO. Not sure if its become too difficult to get up for all the games, since many of our best players have been in the league for a lot of years, and been to the last few Grey Cups. I think we are the victims of some players taking 1/2 a step back due to age, and a bit of complacency setting in. But our highs our very high (see yesterday, or the second BC game), and hopefully we show more of that on Sept 29th.

10-3?

M.O.A.B.

Have you heard that Marshall was taken to the hospital after the Banjo Bowl?

He was treated for burns because he was burned repeatedly by Collaros passing TDs.  ;D

TecnoGenius

Quote from: M.O.A.B. on September 13, 2023, 03:18:29 AM
He was treated for burns because he was burned repeatedly by Collaros passing TDs.  ;D

8th degree burns
Never go full Rider!