Who is "Genius Sports" and why have then been given partnership in the CFL?

Started by theaardvark, March 17, 2022, 03:58:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bunker

Quote from: TecnoGenius on September 11, 2023, 05:37:33 AM
The current computer programming model is to release early and often, with bugs and all.  Get it out there and get early feedback.  If you see a bug, find the contact/report button and tell them.  I love end user bug reports, because most of the time we have no idea they are there.

But yes, the debacle that is Genius Sports and CFL stats is inexcusable this late in the season.
If they need me to tell them that the same player should not appear as a league leader in a category multiple times then they are in big trouble.

TBURGESS

As a programmer, I would have been fired for moving fast and breaking things or for releasing things that weren't perfect. Now this is the way.

Winnipeg Blue Bombers - 2019 Grey Cup Champs.

squonk

Quote from: TBURGESS on September 11, 2023, 02:09:01 PM
releasing things that weren't perfect.

Tht's actually pretty funny. Spent 40 years in IT and one of the best and most honest lines I ever heard was from a highly regarded "distinguished" software engineer...

"It takes a long time but, eventually the hardware breaks and eventually the software works"

theaardvark

Alpha test products should never make it out of the lab, Beta should be limited to a small number of power users who can test it to breaking point.  These guys aren't even at Alpha when releasing...

I remember my software development days, I would do some system design work, give it to the programmers, they'd whip up an alpha version, I'd break it nine ways from centre, they'd fix it, give it back, I'd find a few more flaws that they would never expect, fix those, and then distribute to a few of our most savvy and capable users so they could put volume through the update, and when they couldn't break it, it went out in the next update.

Coders today just seem to make crap up and put it out there for use.
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.