Returners

Started by tlf, September 07, 2023, 02:49:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DM83

Techno, what are you talking about?  There are not a lot of options on blocking schemes.  It?s basically positioning and execution. The returner either goes one of three directions..

I would say the return  team blockers have been pretty bad. And that is a matter of pride.  Block your dated guy and the returner if he has speed hits the hole.

Blue In BC

Quote from: TecnoGenius on September 07, 2023, 10:36:55 PM
Remember how fielding brand new nobodies named Lucky and Grant worked for us that year?   ;D ;D  Didn't they both have monster returns within 1-2 games?  I say throw the new guy into the fire immediately.  At least it will make the opponent less confident they can just hose our weak returner with impunity.

Clements on ST: ah, yes, I can see value there.  Bench Cole, put in Clements.  Yes, I'd rather have Clements there on ST and rotation than Cole.  And he's earned it.

Whitehead was at TC with the team. Grant was with Ti Cats IIRC and was cut when we picked him up. I don't specifically remember how quickly he was added to our AR.

Obviously every CFL player starts as a newbie. The question is how often does a rookie get inserted into the roster during a short week in a critical role?

Blackmon could be the next great returner or released next week. We don't really have any idea at this point.
2019 Grey Cup Champions