Redblacks at Elks GDT

Started by GOLDMEMBER, August 27, 2023, 06:04:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on August 28, 2023, 04:21:05 AM
You can see the entire team and probably all of the coaching staff is afraid of the "wrath of Jones", he may be the only coach left in the CFL that constantly berates everyone around him, Corey Chamblin may have been the last HC to use that strategy.  Jason Mass seems to have learned from his mistakes and now looks to have control of his anger.

Kent Austin.  :o

Maas has converted his anger into crying.  Always crying.  I preferred the anger: violently tossing headsets and gatorade barrels was far more entertaining.

Good game.  Well, ugly game, but fun to watch Ford make OTT the trivia answer.  This game really helped me clean up on fantasy, so I'm very happy.

I think Geroy was getting emotional on the sidelines.

But shed a tear for the people who bought a P1 seat in week 1: they will have to pay for their seats for the remainder of the season.  Bittersweet win for those freeloaders!
Never go full Rider!

dd

Quote from: TecnoGenius on August 28, 2023, 06:28:03 AM
Ah, you beat me to it, I see!  It was a great hidden OPI by the R; I didn't notice it live, or on every replay except the final one.  The final one shows how obvious it was.  It was a definite full-arm elbow-lock extension that created separation right before the time of the catch, and that's OPI every day of the week.  If challenged, Jones wins.

But I see why it wasn't called live.  It was so fast and at a shielded angle that no ref saw it.  You can't blame them in this case.  That type of OPI can only be caught on replay and challenge.

I noticed it live as it was the only way he got separation from the Db. I can see the ref missing it but why not challenge that huge gain?? That was a big swing in momentum

GOLDMEMBER

Wonder what the Elks record could be if Ford started sooner? At least 1 more win easily to me.
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

pjrocksmb

They found Ford came to camp not as polished and ready as last year and that was their reason to not play him.  Likely would have been more competitive but he might have also benefited from watching, practicing and getting ready physically and mentally.  I am happy they went with him.  Likley a little late and yes could have got another victory maybe.

TecnoGenius

Ford could easily be the next Crum.  Look great for 2-4 games then stink once D's figure you out.  Don't forget how Crum lit it up against us!!  Now he looks average.

Is Ford > Crum?  Give it 4 more games, and we'll see!  Nice to have a Canadian QB though!
Never go full Rider!

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: TecnoGenius on August 29, 2023, 01:24:58 AM
Ford could easily be the next Crum.  Look great for 2-4 games then stink once D's figure you out.  Don't forget how Crum lit it up against us!!  Now he looks average.

Is Ford > Crum?  Give it 4 more games, and we'll see!  Nice to have a Canadian QB though!

Ford seems very similar to Caleb Evans in Montreal, both young, athletic and dynamic playmakers but lacking in the ability to read defences to this point.  I think Ford has more upside + he has the ratio advantage.

Sir Blue and Gold

Ford is just way more athletic than both Evans and Crum. You need a boring, containing pass rush to be effective against him. Kind of like how the Bombers did it. You're not trying to sack him, really. Or at least it's not the first priority. You're just trying to make him throw from the pocket or if he's going to bail he's going to have to do so out the back.

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on August 29, 2023, 05:18:51 AM
Ford seems very similar to Caleb Evans in Montreal, both young, athletic and dynamic playmakers but lacking in the ability to read defences to this point.  I think Ford has more upside + he has the ratio advantage.
there is no ratio advantage at the QB position.
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

Blue In BC

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on August 29, 2023, 12:21:47 PM
there is no ratio advantage at the QB position.

Sure there is. He counts as one of the starting 7 Canadians.  The number of imports starting elsewhere doesn't change but a Canadian QB is a ratio breaking advantage. Same as Oliveria is for the Bombers. He allows us to start 3 import receivers.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

DM83

Ford is really good.  Now if the Elks can get some linemen, the league will be in trouble. And look no further than Bison Drive.

dd

Ford is very athletic and can run, no doubt about that. But he will have to develop his passing game and reading defenses to get beyond this. Ya he had decent yardage last game but that was thanks to several broken coverages and wide open receivers, that?s going to get addressed real quick

DM83

Lol! With Ford at QB, the Elks look a whole lot better.  Now it feels like a race to claim third spot, if they can string a few wins together.  And what about the cross over.?

Hamilton now looks  like the bottom feeder.  What a nightmare for them.  Hosting the cup, and can?t win a game.  They have to get better ???

Not a Bo fan as a QB.  His arm is done.  He will be a great addition to the panel on TSN.

dd

Hamilton just beat BC, handily and easily. Not sure they?re the bottom feeder, rather there?s going to be a heck of a race for the last playoff position in both divisions this year. Every game is so important for Edmonton, Calgary, Ottawa and Hamilton, which is pretty good when half of the teams in the league are fighting for their playoff lives.