Evan Holm /Tyrell Ford

Started by Austin85, September 06, 2024, 04:17:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

theaardvark

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on September 11, 2024, 07:18:50 PMPatently false, a number of players who were not re-signed were not overpaid and would have made this year's team immediately better.  Grant, Bailey, Clement and yes even Jeffcoat.  He brought a pass-rush to the team that can not be duplicated by any single player currently on the roster including Jefferson, and I believe he was paid fairly for his contribution.

You only have so much $SMS to go around.  My point was that is we don't pay Schoen or Oliviera, sure, we pay the rest the amount they got elsewhere.  Grant, Bailey are not part of the discussion, Grant not being available to sign, Bailey just didn't have a spot after Schoen was signed. Jefferson and Clement retired.  Houston and Hardrick got "overpaid". 

Walters paid the guys we needed, and put a team around them that we could afford.  Sure, the 4 you mention would have been nice signings, but 2 are out of football, one is on a PR and the other would not return calls.
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.