Zach will be our QB in 2027(?)

Started by Tecno, October 04, 2026, 03:41:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ModAdmin

#30
My hunch is that Zach will retire after this season.  I believe the Bombers are gearing up for that in view of the attention they gave to recruiting Taylor Elgersma, the return of Dru Brown, Zach's injury history plus 13 quarterbacks on their negotiation list.  Free agency also factors in.

Based on the teams overall performance this year (final results yet to be determined), they may also be considering him in a coaching role in the future as well.  Most would agree Zach's physical condition is not conducive to much more playing action and he seems to have similar experience and qualifications to Buck Pierce in terms of future coaching possibilities, if he has the desire to do so.

They also could be holding him out to get some sideline experience too.

Lots of speculation but I expect more changes will be forthcoming for 2027.
"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden

Blueforlife

#31
Quote from: Tecno on Today at 01:24:11 AMI think Love has more a chance of making it than Frost.  And I'd peg Love's chances at 5%...

And I'm talking #1.  As backups and perennial "in development" guys (think Dom Davis), then ya, Frost & Love might stick around a few seasons.  But neither will be a franchise #1 star, and I'll take your gentlemen's bet on it.

Powell is the next potential star.  Other than that, the next stars aren't even in the league right now.  That's the problem.
Yeah it's a crap shoot to be a #1, I get what you mean.  It's why they get half a mil lol.

The bet was in the league after 2 years, now you changed it to a star, don't be a CFL comish and move the posts without asking 1st lol.