REDBLACKS at Riders GDT Sat 2:00PM CT

Started by gobombersgo, September 27, 2024, 07:12:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pete

Im not sure Ottawa will win another game

J5V

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on September 28, 2024, 09:08:18 PMCryders whine there way to another bad penalty. :D
What a putrid dirt-bag team those Riders are. When is the league going to reel them in?
Go Bombers!

J5V

Suitor is a piece of crap too. Instead of admonishing his team's dirty play he says "I guess we'll have another Gofundme when the league looks at what Williams did". Imagine picking up a player and slamming him head-first into the turf at the end of a game that is already over. Fortunately it looks like Pimpleton will be okay but that could have ended very badly. What is it about the Riders that causes them to want to intentionally injure other players?

If the league doesn't reel this team in another team will retaliate and take matters into their own hands and then it will really get ugly and it'll be the league's fault. I thought Rhymes was going to go postal there. Good for him for standing up for his team mate.
Go Bombers!

Pigskin

Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

Sir Blue and Gold

Quote from: J5V on September 28, 2024, 10:05:00 PMWhat a putrid dirt-bag team those Riders are. When is the league going to reel them in?

They don't play the right way. Being the goon squad will only come back to bite them in the long run. They're going to get into close games down the stretch and get zero benefit of any doubts. Plus, that's not the kind of culture players gravitate towards if they have choice. In the end it will be their undoing and their fans will be incensed that "everyone is against them".

At the end of the day, avoidable penalties are selfish and selfish teams almost always come up short.

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Pigskin on September 28, 2024, 10:44:02 PMWow, lots of empty seats.

Ya, I don't get it.  Completely gorgeous day, warm enough the toddlers are in swimsuits!  They won last week.  They are basically 2nd in the West.  And the province stays home?

Though I do think that early afternoon games are a tougher sell than evening games.  I know I hate them in comparison!

But shame on them when their neighbor WPG is nearly selling out every game.  We'll probably sell out the mid-Oct game, which normally would be unheard of.

So much for the "league's best fans".  :o
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on September 28, 2024, 09:06:52 PMWhat happened to using the dynamic Pimpelton more?

It was Dru who had chemistry with Pimpleton.  Masoli struggling with lots of rust isn't helping.  But I'd give Masoli some time to improve... this really is his first real start this season, right?  Zach took 4 starts (plus!) to open this season before he stopped sucking.
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: J5V on September 28, 2024, 10:22:34 PMSuitor is a piece of crap too. Instead of admonishing his team's dirty play he says "I guess we'll have another Gofundme when the league looks at what Williams did".

I just watched the Williams/Pimpleton hit... was trying to get through all the games before focusing on the non-outcome-changing things.

That a crazy hit I'm not sure I've ever seen before.  You often get suplexes and similar, but I'm not sure I've seen a piledriver.  Williams could have just let go, but instead he drives his head into the turf?  Blatantly dirty this time.  There is no arguing that was a dirty intent to injure.  And the game was over, what was he thinking?

What Rhymes does in comparison was nothing.  He actually seemed very restrained.  I'm not sure he did more than push at a helmet and chirp.  I don't see Rhymes getting a fine unless they want to make an example of out him for general incitement/escalation.

I could see Williams getting a suspension for this one.  This one needs more of a message than just a max-fine.  The only saving grace may be Pimpleton got up and looked ok -- the severity of the outcome appears to affect the severity of the punishment.  However, it's Williams' first bad infraction I think.

I think it all adds up to a 1-game suspension.
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

Haha, the headline is all about the Riders boosting ratings then the actual numbers show the WPG game had 50% more viewers!  LOL.

Anything to make the CTV fiasco look like a win.
Never go full Rider!

blue_gold_84

#forthew
лава Україні!
井の中の蛙大海を知らず

Blueforlife

Quote from: TecnoGenius on October 04, 2024, 03:00:57 AMHaha, the headline is all about the Riders boosting ratings then the actual numbers show the WPG game had 50% more viewers!  LOL.

Anything to make the CTV fiasco look like a win.

Yeah I was confused as well

Jesse

I wonder if they have access to the data to know what the percentage of new viewers is (ie. people who do not have TSN and are new viewers watching on CTV). Or if this is just people who have both channels, would normally watch on TSN but now can only watch via CTV. Which is just losing the TSN viewing audience for...reasons...
My wife is amazing!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Blueforlife on October 04, 2024, 08:11:22 PMYeah I was confused as well

Typical of media these days to have a headline that says X, then the body of the article (usually a few paragraphs down) says Y, and X/Y are mutually exclusive.
Never go full Rider!