Official Game Day Thread - Winnipeg at Edmonton - Sept. 21, 2024

Started by ModAdmin, September 20, 2024, 02:55:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pigskin

Looks like 15 at kick off tomorrow. Nice weather for the big boys.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

Blue In BC

Quote from: ichabod_crane on September 20, 2024, 10:53:42 PMI call B.S.! You don't know the makeup of this team then and the pride of the veterans on it coming into the season. They would not tank a season despite a slow start. AND THEY WERE NEVER 1-6! That was the 2011 BC LIONS! KNOW YOUR HISTORY DUDE! You are making stuff up so I call B.S.!

I never said we have won anything yet. Where do you see me saying this? Show me a quote!

Odds schmods, like statistics are sometimes for losers. Life is not only about numbers...I guess maybe you are too young too fully understand that yet.

Sorry if I come on strong, but when I see B.S. I will call it. You can't bully me or make things up without a retort from me. Other than that, I wish you a great weekend and GO BLUE! Maybe they tank the rest of the season for all I know because I have no crystal ball which some people seemed to think they had early in the season, but they won't tank from lack of effort as too much pride on this team to throw in the towel when they just climbed out of their hole. 

Ok, correction 2 - 6 or whatever it looked like in the early going. It's history now but it wasn't good history which was the point.

I've been watching this team since 1957. I'm 75 years old. I don't have a need to bully you. You're the one calling out others as chicken littles.  I've re-watched nearly every same since 1985 and VHS. Some games I've watched 3 times. So I think I have a fair idea of the strength, weaknesses and character of the roster.

I never said you said we won anything. I spoke to statistical probabilities which is not for losers. It's just math fact. Bombers have a distinct advantage now as the ONLY team that has won more games then they lost in the west. The also have the season series over the Lions, Riders and Stamps. Destiny is in their control.

The one thing you can't control is injuries though and none of us know how that will go. We can't afford too many more.  Character doesn't beat injury problems. That did us in in last year's Grey Cup.

I also said never said we'd tank the season or at any part lacked effort. We did lack preparedness in the early going.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

Blueforlife

Quote from: ichabod_crane on September 20, 2024, 09:03:01 PMWas WAY TOO MANY CHICKEN LITTLES earlier in the season. I hope everyone knows PATIENCE IS A VIRTUE! ;)  In the Manitoba Mafia we trust! :D ;)
Feed was on sale at Peavy and people were stock piling lol

Should be some good prices on kijiji now ;)

J5V

Quote from: ichabod_crane on September 20, 2024, 09:03:01 PMWas WAY TOO MANY CHICKEN LITTLES earlier in the season. I hope everyone knows PATIENCE IS A VIRTUE! ;)  In the Manitoba Mafia we trust! :D ;)
Loved what Zach had to say here about how the Bombers stuck to it.

Interview with Zach Collaros
Go Bombers!

Blueforlife

Quote from: J5V on Today at 03:05:50 AMLoved what Zach had to say here about how the Bombers stuck to it.

Interview with Zach Collaros
Consistency is all we do.  Zach silenced the crictics on this amazing turn around.  Nice time to be a Bomber fan.  The mini dynasty continues.

TecnoGenius

So they did push Jones to MLB and Wilson takes his usual spot.  This is the answer to the question of whether Mafia thought Jones could play and handle the middle.

If Wilson takes over as "D QB" and has soaked up everything cerebral with 5 season with Biggie, and Jones can be as good at MLB as he was at WILL... then we may have the best combo since maybe 2021.

I'm truly excited for what those 2 can achieve together.  This could be the path forward and our version of team 100.
Never go full Rider!