Tiger-Cats @ Argos

Started by Pigskin, September 19, 2024, 07:38:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bunker

Quote from: Blue In BC on Today at 02:10:27 AMIMO the loss is probably on the Argos coach. Why didn't they run on their 1st 2 downs on the last series when in FG position already? They would have run off another 20 - 30 seconds.

That extra time was just enough to get into FG position for Hamilton and the win.

Ironically the TiCats may still miss the playoffs in the East but could be a crossover into the west. At least mathematically still a chance.
I thought the thing. Call a couple of running plays, or short passes that you know you can complete
Quote from: Blue In BC on Today at 02:10:27 AMIMO the loss is probably on the Argos coach. Why didn't they run on their 1st 2 downs on the last series when in FG position already? They would have run off another 20 - 30 seconds.

That extra time was just enough to get into FG position for Hamilton and the win.

Ironically the TiCats may still miss the playoffs in the East but could be a crossover into the west. At least mathematically still a chance.
I thought the same thing. Run a couple of running plays, or short passes you know you can complete, and run 20 seconds between each play. Then if you don't get a first down, take the field goal. Even if Cats had a time out left, you're only leaving them with 20 seconds or less, minus whatever they waste returning the kickoff.

TecnoGenius

Quote from: The Zipp on Today at 02:01:48 AMLiegghio with the win

His longest of the season.

How come Leggs usually missed the pressure kicks when in WPG?  That's why we cut him.  Then he makes it playing for HAM to ruin my pickem?

Leaving Butler wide open on the sneak out on that last drive was plain dumb.
Never go full Rider!