Garbutt

Started by TecnoGenius, September 07, 2024, 04:39:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TecnoGenius

Garbutt was really noticeable in the LDC.  So many here have been talking highly of him for quite a while, but I never really noticed until last week.  Now I see what the rest have been seeing!

That dude is everywhere near the ball and he hustles all over the place, even when it's way away from his area, and he gets to the carrier with speed.  He's kind of like Betts.  He seems like a handful in the pass rush, even if he's not getting the big stats (yet).

(Not sure on his run stop, maybe others can chime in.)

I can see why WFC seems to be high on him.  Seems to have a good work ethic and the right attitude.
Never go full Rider!

Blueforlife

The Zipp

I think Haba is faster

Blueforlife

Quote from: The Zipp on September 08, 2024, 12:30:52 AMI think Haba is faster
I don't know for sure but perhaps Haba comes off the edge a little faster but Garbutt likely showing an overall better game and more well rounded at his position.

Pigskin

Garbutt has played better then Haba. But, he hasn't been donate. Would like to see these guy's get to the QB a little more often. 

Garbutt: 7 games, 9 DTs, 1 Sack.
Haba:    6 games, 4 DTs.

Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

Blueforlife

Quote from: Pigskin on September 08, 2024, 09:36:34 PMGarbutt has played better then Haba. But, he hasn't been donate. Would like to see these guy's get to the QB a little more often. 

Garbutt: 7 games, 9 DTs, 1 Sack.
Haba:    6 games, 4 DTs.

Thanks for the stats, gives us perspective

GOLDMEMBER

We don't get enough pressure as of late. These guys don't come close to Jeffcoat. Not even close.
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on September 09, 2024, 01:03:32 AMWe don't get enough pressure as of late. These guys don't come close to Jeffcoat. Not even close.

I'm not so sure we should gauge our pass rush by the last 2 SSK games.  Rushing 3 half the time, and sometimes not even 3!  When we rush 4, often one is a feint who sits and spies the RB.  Almost zero blitzing.  It wasn't incompetency, it was our desired scheme to combat a 2sec passer!

However, in general we do have a hard time getting to the QB.  That said, we did make BLM, VAJ and Rourke's lives pretty difficult in the prior 3 games...

As for Jeffcoat: we have to remember Haba and Garbutt are pretty green.  The upside here may be big.

P.S. Haba may be faster, but Garbutt never quits and has a nose for the play.
Never go full Rider!