Redblacks at Lions Touchdown Pacific Sat 6PM CT GDT

Started by GOLDMEMBER, August 28, 2024, 07:46:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TBURGESS

Rourke had an excellent first half and a below average second half. A pick & a fumble that he got back took some of the swagger away.

I loved his spike in the endzone, made me laugh every time I saw it. I also loved his half time 'interview' it was hilarious. 

BC finally stuck to the running game. Stanback was great. 

Ottawa took too many penalties and didn't make enough plays. They were blown out by the half. 
Winnipeg Blue Bombers - 2019 Grey Cup Champs.

J5V

Quote from: TBURGESS on September 01, 2024, 03:12:09 PMRourke had an excellent first half and a below average second half. A pick & a fumble that he got back took some of the swagger away.

I loved his spike in the endzone, made me laugh every time I saw it. I also loved his half time 'interview' it was hilarious.

BC finally stuck to the running game. Stanback was great.

Ottawa was given too many penalties and didn't make enough plays. They were blown out by the half.
Fixed it for you.  :-)

The point being made about running the ball is important. When you have a back like Stanback, or Oliviera, you have to use them a lot.
Go Bombers!

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: markf on September 01, 2024, 02:05:42 PMOttawa Dubois  large man catching BC kick returner was exciting.

How many rushing attempts by Ottawa?

Not many. CFL Offensive coaches are not running the ball, I would be interested in the explanation.

Lions started the game with lots of runs.

I thought BC used Stanback well, 20 for 93 yds. + 6 passes for 78 yds., those are Brady numbers. 

Ottawa needs to get bigger and tougher, they seem to employ smaller type players who may be fast but look to get intimidated, BC being a team of dickheads, was pushing them around after almost every whistle.

The Zipp

Makes you wonder if Rourke said to the OC - we need to run the ball if we want to win a grey cup - we have Stanback we are going to use him. 

They sure weren't running the ball with Stanback when VAJ was starting. 

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: The Zipp on September 01, 2024, 04:33:15 PMMakes you wonder if Rourke said to the OC - we need to run the ball if we want to win a grey cup - we have Stanback we are going to use him. 

They sure weren't running the ball with Stanback when VAJ was starting. 

Run Stanback hard till he breaks, than what, stick in flyweight Terry Williams? If they were smart they'd be looking to pick up another RB in his mold. either Natl. RB's Daniel Adeboboye or Jeshrun Antwi would be excellent backups to Stanback.

markf

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on September 01, 2024, 04:02:23 PMI thought BC used Stanback well, 20 for 93 yds. + 6 passes for 78 yds., those are Brady numbers. 

Ottawa needs to get bigger and tougher, they seem to employ smaller type players who may be fast but look to get intimidated, BC being a team of dickheads, was pushing them around after almost every whistle.

Specially At the beginning of the game..... Ottawa has a good d line... kept them off Rourke.

Wish the Bombers would help Zach this way for the first quarter or so.

TecnoGenius

So Rugamba fined for "finger guns" in this game?  Got flagged too.

I've noticed after a dearth of said guns in weeks 1-9, they seem to be creeping back in.  But I have seen many go unflagged/fined.

So... the wording of the fine announcement makes it sound like it's not the guns pose that is illegal, it's the FIRING of the guns.  (It sounds silly typing this out!)

That actually makes perfect sense as all the other guns guys that have done the pose never "fired" them.  I bet the rule (not in the book but surely in the Top Secret CFL Memos) stipulates the firing thereof.

Good to know going forward, for all of us confused by the apparent double standard.
Never go full Rider!