Places to watch Bomber games in rural Manitoba

Started by bwiser, September 05, 2024, 01:45:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bwiser

I just got back from a weekend in the Interlake and watched the game in Gimli. I watched the game at the Viking Hotel. The bar itself was nothing special but the atmosphere for the game was great. It seemed everyone there was watching the game intently [with the exception of the VLT addicts].When the Bombers won strangers were high fiving each other and it was really boisterous.
Do other posters have places to recommend to watch games in cottage country?

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: bwiser on September 05, 2024, 01:45:36 PMI just got back from a weekend in the Interlake and watched the game in Gimli. I watched the game at the Viking Hotel. The bar itself was nothing special but the atmosphere for the game was great. It seemed everyone there was watching the game intently [with the exception of the VLT addicts].When the Bombers won strangers were high fiving each other and it was really boisterous.
Do other posters have places to recommend to watch games in cottage country?

Gimli??? Wow, they must have a great set of rabbit ears!

Blueforlife

You will see the Bombers post game watching parties.  I share those when I see them. Often in Wpg but sometimes outside.

blue_or_die

I watched a game at the Viking in 2010 or 2011! Definitely thought we would be the only ones there for the game, but a whole crowd piled in and everyone was focused on the projector. It was awesome. There was a meat draw too!
#Ride?

bunker

I've watched a few games at the Winnipeg Beach Hotel. I had to ask them to put the game on (they had soccer playing) but they were pretty accommodating. Once they could not get the sound, so I watched Bombers and Riders to country music (but Sutor was on color I think, and I believe Rod Black may have been play by play, so I did not mind). Once the game was on, a few groups who wandered in sat down to watch, but nothing like what you describe at the Viking. When it was first built, the Viking was place was THE place to stay in Gimli, but time has not been kind to it.

bwiser

Quote from: bunker on September 05, 2024, 10:02:50 PMI've watched a few games at the Winnipeg Beach Hotel. I had to ask them to put the game on (they had soccer playing) but they were pretty accommodating. Once they could not get the sound, so I watched Bombers and Riders to country music (but Sutor was on color I think, and I believe Rod Black may have been play by play, so I did not mind). Once the game was on, a few groups who wandered in sat down to watch, but nothing like what you describe at the Viking. When it was first built, the Viking was place was THE place to stay in Gimli, but time has not been kind to it.
I also watched a Labour Day game at Winnipeg Beach Hotel a couple years ago. It was good that night. The sound was on and I sat next to a relative of Jeremy Murphy. The atmosphere was good that night.

ichabod_crane

Breezy Oaks Inn & Tavern in Beausejour. They renovated it last year and is a decent sports pub now. Went there last October with my Bro who is retired out there and our old hometown! They hold events sometimes for Bombers and Jets games.