Friday Night Sell out!!

Started by Bluehawk, August 23, 2024, 06:03:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Zipp

Poor suckers who left early and never saw the win...

TecnoGenius

Quote from: The Zipp on August 24, 2024, 01:09:48 PMPoor suckers who left early and never saw the win...

Yup, they got MTL Miracled!  They should know better!  Maybe it was just the casual fans who didn't know any better?  I hope DT on the 'OB really rubbed it in real juicy-like!!

;D  ;D
Never go full Rider!

Pigskin

If your retired, everyday is holiday and you have the flexibility to go to the lake any day of the week. So, weekend games are never a problem. 
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

bwiser

Quote from: TecnoGenius on August 24, 2024, 01:12:49 PMYup, they got MTL Miracled!  They should know better!  Maybe it was just the casual fans who didn't know any better?  I hope DT on the 'OB really rubbed it in real juicy-like!!

;D  ;D
I was surprised that so many fans left early. Have they never seen a CFL game before. You never leave early in a one score game with 2 minutes to go. Thats an eternity in the CFL

Stretch

Quote from: bwiser on August 24, 2024, 07:27:12 PMI was surprised that so many fans left early. Have they never seen a CFL game before. You never leave early in a one score game with 2 minutes to go. Thats an eternity in the CFL

You never leave early. Period.
Money is no object...especially when you have none.

BBRT

Quote from: bwiser on August 24, 2024, 07:27:12 PMI was surprised that so many fans left early. Have they never seen a CFL game before. You never leave early in a one score game with 2 minutes to go. Thats an eternity in the CFL

Amen!! way back when I use to sneak down from the cheap seats to the better seats when folks left early. Back in those days a lot of games were sort of out of sight but it was still Bomber Football so the closer I could get the better.

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: The Zipp on August 24, 2024, 01:09:48 PMPoor suckers who left early and never saw the win...
easily 25% of the crowd left.
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

Jesse

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on August 24, 2024, 10:13:32 PMeasily 25% of the crowd left.

And in a sell out crowd, those are the ones who don't really care if we or lose. This was just their pre-game for Friday night.
My wife is amazing!

theaardvark

I didn't see many "beat the traffic" fans... our section was full still...  stayed in our seats until the end, then off to the pinnacle club for post game free appies, and then a wander out to the U lot and out in minutes.

Great game, great ending, overall great experience.

Only complaint, the Burger stall beside Shawarma Khan was very busy, but was cooking burgers from raw, but had no seasonings at all.  Grilled onions in the burger grease and flat top crunchies, but zero salt.  C'mon guys, is it that hard?  Would have been an excellent burger if it wasn't so bland.
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

J5V

Quote from: Sir Blue and Gold on August 23, 2024, 07:50:47 PMGreat news! We're going early to set up the tailgate! Hope everyone not named Bo Levi has a great time.
This aged very, very well. :-) 

I imagine BLM thought he had stemmed the tide and reversed the Cats fortunes with those two second half TDs and FG. Mmmmm ... not so fast.

Zach the Spartan warrior was to show him who was the better gladiator when it counted most.

"Mental toughness is spartanism with qualities of sacrifice, self-denial, dedication. It is fearlessness, and it is love." — Vince Lombardi
Go Bombers!