Stanley Bryant news

Started by GOLDMEMBER, August 24, 2024, 01:48:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blueforlife

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on August 24, 2024, 05:21:37 PMWonder why the heck it took them so long to cart Stan off the field, was he experiencing motion sickness?  Threw the timing of the game and my schedule off about 1/2 hour.
I see comments like this from you and a few others and it shows ones true colour

Try respect, would look good on you

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: Blueforlife on August 27, 2024, 12:00:02 AMI see comments like this from you and a few others and it shows one true colour

Try respect, would look good on you

Take it easy Charlie, I was referring to the VPN recording schedule it missed the final 20 minutes of the game.  I heard the Bombers won?

Blueforlife

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on August 27, 2024, 12:47:10 AMTake it easy Charlie, I was referring to the VPN recording schedule it missed the final 20 minutes of the game.  I heard the Bombers won?
Makes it worse, I thought it threw off the timing of the game for you as you watched it live in person.  One of the all time Bomber greats on the OL has a medical emergency and you complain about how it threw off your recording of a sports match? Hmmmm.....

Sounds like your next step should be to complain to the Bombers and make the suggestion to rush injuried players off field so that no recording will be compromised in the future.

Player safety is the priority of any responsible sports league.  Looked to be such a serious injury and so far it's good news on a quick recovery.

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Pigskin on August 26, 2024, 05:07:29 PMI am not expecting SB66 to practice tomorrow. I am sure he will be around for the hand shakes and the stretching part of practice. Hell, he might even take over the war cry from AB4. The good news, it's going to be a much cooler week for practice.

If I'm MOS I'm telling Big Stan to stay home and sleep/veg in bed all day.  Only when he's fully 100% should he be anywhere near a field.  The only thing that beats a virus is sleep (and fluids).
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on August 27, 2024, 12:47:10 AMI was referring to the VPN recording schedule it missed the final 20 minutes of the game.  I heard the Bombers won?

I set the comp PVR to record 45 mins extra after every game.  If the forecast has a chance of rain I change that to 2 extra hours.

It's funny, but with all this tech, we still don't have a way to have the PVRs auto-extend recording for CFL games, and fans still have to miss the exciting finishes.
Never go full Rider!

dd

anyone know the health update on Stanley?? Is he up and around or still laid up?? Any notion of him playing this weekend or is gulp, someone else going to stand in the left tackle position and whiff on the D End play after play??

bunker

Quote from: dd on August 27, 2024, 10:10:36 PManyone know the health update on Stanley?? Is he up and around or still laid up?? Any notion of him playing this weekend or is gulp, someone else going to stand in the left tackle position and whiff on the D End play after play??

https://3downnation.com/2024/08/27/mike-oshea-stanley-bryant-likely-to-play-in-labour-day-classic-for-winnipeg-following-health-scare/

Tiger

Like most players his age he has not lost a step, but three or four.  That said he is better than 90% of the lineman in the league even at his age.  I would hate to see him leave but I know it is coming sooner than later.

He will be fine but ghat was a good scare.
Football is easy if you're crazy as hell
Bo Jackson

We are inclined to think that if we watch a football game or a baseball game, we have taken part in it
John Fitzgerald Kennedy

BC Sucks
Tiger

TecnoGenius

Quote from: dd on August 27, 2024, 10:10:36 PMor is gulp, someone else going to stand in the left tackle position and whiff on the D End play after play??

Haha, that's basically the size of it!  That's literally what happens when Big Stan is out (the rare times that occurs, usually only for a couple of snaps).

There is no playoff scenario for us if Big Stan isn't anchoring the blind side.
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Tiger on August 28, 2024, 12:06:59 AMLike most players his age he has not lost a step, but three or four.  That said he is better than 90% of the lineman in the league even at his age.  I would hate to see him leave but I know it is coming sooner than later.

I've been watching the OL more intently than usual this season, because of all their personnel changes and woes... Big Stan is the best one, and the one who least screws up.

I'm pretty sure he's still the best LT in the league.  Name one better?!

I think costing Nichols his entire career made Big Stan work twice as hard to make sure that never happens again.  The worst he seems to do lately is take some uncharacteristic HTF penalties.
Never go full Rider!

GOLDMEMBER

Great to hear Big Stan is likely to return to battle this week! We need him. :)
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

ichabod_crane

Quote from: TecnoGenius on August 27, 2024, 05:21:32 AMI set the comp PVR to record 45 mins extra after every game.  If the forecast has a chance of rain I change that to 2 extra hours.

It's funny, but with all this tech, we still don't have a way to have the PVRs auto-extend recording for CFL games, and fans still have to miss the exciting finishes.

Ditto...I always add an extra 30-60 minutes to any game I record due to possible weather issues, injury delays or overtime or whatever!  You just never know and it's not exactly like I'm pushing my DVR to the max with storage space. TONS OF SPACE. I'm lucky if I ever hit 50% full!