Bring back the torn hat?

Started by TecnoGenius, June 22, 2024, 10:54:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Should MOS start wearing the hat with the tear on its brim again?

Yes - it was lucky, we had a great record with that hat
5 (83.3%)
No - we lost 2 cups with that hat, burn it! burn it!
1 (16.7%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Voting closed: June 27, 2024, 10:54:49 AM

TecnoGenius

MOS has a new hat this year.  For a few seasons he's worn the hat with the brim tear.  We've done pretty darn good over those seasons.  But we lost 2 cups in a row...

I'm not a superstitious guy, but I miss the hat.  Pundits would often give him grief over it.  MOS would always say "it came that way".

Is the new hat what ails us?  We haven't won a single game with it yet.

I'm curious to see what would happen if he donned the old one.  Assuming he still has it...  Hey, it couldn't make things worse, could it??

Bonus question: Did MOS get that torn hat before the 2021 GC win, or after?  I'm wondering if that hat got us at least one cup...
Never go full Rider!

Sir Blue and Gold

Haha yes. I think this should be in the mix of changes!

TecnoGenius

HAHAHH AHAHHAHAH AHAHHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAH

You guys ignored my idea, BUT MOS DIDN'T!!

https://www.bluebombers.com/2024/06/25/coach-oshea-june-25-3/

Torn hat is back BABY!

Let's see if our luck changes.  I'd give it 3 weeks to find out... at the very least I want to see zero new injuries, as that's the "luck" that went against us so far.

Again, I'm not superstitious, but what else, at this moment, offers us any hope??

(Thanks MOS!!  I think you made the right move.  P.S. Burn that other unlucky hat!)  8)  8)  8)
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

P.S. Y'all have all day Jun 26 to vote still!  Be on the winning side of something Bomber-related this year!
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

Ripped hat spotted on the sidelines in CGY!  Go ripped hat!
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

New-for-2024 hat: 0-3  weeks 1-3  LLL

Torn hat: 2-1  weeks 4-6  LWW  and the loss was an OT squeaker by a FG

I rest my case.  Keep that "came that way, don't they all?" torn hat all season!!
Never go full Rider!

Jesse

Quote from: TecnoGenius on July 13, 2024, 09:28:29 AMNew-for-2024 hat: 0-3  weeks 1-3  LLL

Torn hat: 2-1  weeks 4-6  LWW  and the loss was an OT squeaker by a FG

I rest my case.  Keep that "came that way, don't they all?" torn hat all season!!

I wore my new hat today. 1-0.
My wife is amazing!

Waffler

CJOB thinks the charm is number of pre-game hotdogs Derek Taylor consumes. He had cut back to start the season.
Buried in the essentially random digits of pi, you can find your eight-digit birthdate. (Is that a wink from God or just a lot of digits?) - David G. Myers

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: Waffler on July 13, 2024, 05:52:58 PMCJOB thinks the charm is number of pre-game hotdogs Derek Taylor consumes. He had cut back to start the season.

I don't get this, can't understand why anyone would want to eat 10 hotdogs, to me that's an eating disorder or shutting off the brain.

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Waffler on July 13, 2024, 05:52:58 PMCJOB thinks the charm is number of pre-game hotdogs Derek Taylor consumes. He had cut back to start the season.

It's definitely hat + hot dogs.

And before anyone dismisses the torn hat theory, just remember how long MOS wore that torn hat.  I went back and checked at it was at least as far back as the 2019 playoffs.  So that hat got us to 4 GCs and 2 wins, and crazy good W/L records since.

I'm not a superstitious guy at all, but I know many players are.  And, hey, why not stick with the torn hat?  It's kind of his trademark, his little idiosyncrasy.  Why change that now?

Long live the hat!
Never go full Rider!

dd

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on July 13, 2024, 06:48:37 PMI don't get this, can't understand why anyone would want to eat 10 hotdogs, to me that's an eating disorder or shutting off the brain.
10 hotdogs!?! It's amazing he's still alive, I got a tightness in my heart just reading that. Sick!!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: dd on July 14, 2024, 05:46:43 AM10 hotdogs!?! It's amazing he's still alive, I got a tightness in my heart just reading that. Sick!!

Maybe it's those cheap little hot-dogs and buns that even a lightweight like me needs 2 or 3 to feel full, and maybe he did it over several hours... I could eat 10 of those things over 5 hours (probably).

Call in Monday and ask DT for all the details.  (Are we allowed to ask "DT questions" on the coaches show?)
Never go full Rider!

blue_or_die

Quote from: TecnoGenius on June 22, 2024, 10:54:49 AMI'm not a superstitious guy

...Really?

Even if you're not superstitious, you're at least a little stitious.
#Ride?

TecnoGenius

Quote from: blue_or_die on July 15, 2024, 08:54:29 PM...Really?

Even if you're not superstitious, you're at least a little stitious.

I'll take that.  Definitely stitious.

Joking aside, it doens't matter what I think, it matters what the players/team think, and players are often superstitious.  I bet you someone on that team asked for the "good" hat back.  And MOS is a cool enough guy to oblige.  Good thing he didn't chuck it in the trash!

You know what... we win the GC this year, Bomber Store has to bring in that exact same hat again, and every single one needs to be pre-ripped in exactly the same place.  I'd be all over that purchase!!

P.S. Wade, I'll take my 10% royalty cut on those sales in Walby Burgers, please.
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

The @BC game had MOS wearing yet another hat: the green military night hat they sold the other week @PAS.

Hmm... now I wonder if he wore that hat in the BC@WPG game?  I'll have to go check.

Is the army hat the new lucky hat??  I'm cool with that... as long as it keeps winning!

I may start a MOS hat-tracking web site... I vote for the W bucket hat!  Imagine that visual!

;D  ;D  ;D

If he ever retires the torn hat for good, he should totally 100% auction that hat.  I'd bid on it!  Or hang it behind glass somewhere @PAS.
Never go full Rider!