Do the Bombers Have a "Championship Calibre Defense"?

Started by J5V, August 03, 2024, 03:17:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

J5V

Quote from: TecnoGenius on August 07, 2024, 03:33:34 AMWILL is always getting injured.  Remember Ian Wild?  A not-so-big guy usually, trying to stop a beefy downhill runner every third play = injuries.  I think Wilson is even smaller than Wild.  Amazing he gets injured as little as he does.
I will never forget that hit Ian Wild made on the Calgary receiver, Price, on a snowy night in Calgary.

Ian Wild on Price
Go Bombers!

bwiser

Quote from: The Zipp on August 06, 2024, 03:30:44 PMso true..Ford, Bonds, Holm and Nichols - quality 4 young guys.  Alexander is the weak spot and he is serviceable and has some great experience but father time is tapping him on the shoulder.
I like Alexander but I wouldn't mind seeing what Cole could do back there. Cole has decent speed and hits a ton.

Blue In BC

Quote from: bwiser on August 07, 2024, 02:52:04 PMI like Alexander but I wouldn't mind seeing what Cole could do back there. Cole has decent speed and hits a ton.

Cole is on the 6 game IR at the moment. He may be back at some point but when is a TBD.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: bwiser on August 07, 2024, 02:52:04 PMI like Alexander but I wouldn't mind seeing what Cole could do back there. Cole has decent speed and hits a ton.

From early on this season I get the impression Cole has lost ground to others and may never be granted a starting position. He certainly isn't going to replace Kramdi anytime soon.

The Zipp

I don't know if Cole is fast enough...who knows what will happen with injuries etc in the secondary but I really like the guys we have. Speed and athleticism are excellent right now with that bunch.

Blue In BC

After 9 games, the Bombers have now given up the least points on defence. They've moved past the Als with the fewest points after the game last night.

It also appears we'll have scored the least amount of points after 9 games. Need to improve on that by a bunch.

Defence might win championships, but not if you can't score.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

Jesse

Quote from: Blue In BC on August 11, 2024, 01:15:14 PMAfter 9 games, the Bombers have now given up the least points on defence. They've moved past the Als with the fewest points after the game last night.

It also appears we'll have scored the least amount of points after 9 games. Need to improve on that by a bunch.

Defence might win championships, but not if you can't score.

Definitely still need to work on converting a few of these FGs into TDs.
My wife is amazing!

theaardvark

Quote from: Jesse on August 11, 2024, 10:56:20 PMDefinitely still need to work on converting a few of these FGs into TDs.

Pretty sure that's on the offence... we're talkin defence here...
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.