Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Blue and Gold

I vote no even more now!

ichabod_crane

The name is Bond, James Bond! 😎😆

CrazyCanuck89

You don't trade a guy like Ford.

Jesse

Quote from: CrazyCanuck89 on August 02, 2024, 03:48:27 AMYou don't trade a guy like Ford.

I have worries about being able to re-sign him at this point.
My wife is amazing!

The Zipp

Imagine when we play Edmonton...Tyrell vs Tre - suitor's head is gonna explode talking about that one...

GOLDMEMBER

Ford is friggin dynamic. He needs a longer term contract here!
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

Jesse

Quote from: The Zipp on August 02, 2024, 04:15:11 AMImagine when we play Edmonton...Tyrell vs Tre - suitor's head is gonna explode talking about that one...

The one thing I'm not looking forward to about that game.
My wife is amazing!

Blueforlife

Lovely ending to a very silly idea

Sir Blue and Gold

Quote from: The Zipp on August 02, 2024, 04:15:11 AMImagine when we play Edmonton...Tyrell vs Tre - suitor's head is gonna explode talking about that one...

Suitor's time has come. Had a sick kid so I had to watch yesterday's game from home but at the start of the game Suitor was talking about how much Buck was struggling to call plays and by the fourth quarter he was going on about how "he's THE master play caller".

He also suggested, without trying to be funny, that one of the main reasons BC struggled was because Hatcher was in the line-up and they moved McInnes, thereby changing the look for Vernon.

Umm okay.

blue_gold_84

Honest question: do Neilson and Suitor drink in the booth?

They seem to get sidetracked at times and Suitor really likes to go off on tangents that are sometimes completely unrelated to what's happening on the field.

Makes me really miss Cuthbert.
#forthew
лава Україні!
井の中の蛙大海を知らず
What a wretched timeline.

Sir Blue and Gold

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on August 02, 2024, 01:55:54 PMHonest question: do Neilson and Suitor drink in the booth?

They seem to get sidetracked at times and Suitor really likes to go off on tangents that are sometimes completely unrelated to what's happening on the field.

It's funny because I always thought Suitor didn't like the Bombers but you go on the Riders forum and they hate him equally there.

Suitor would be slightly better if he just added commentary about the players instead of continuously stating basic football principals like they're earth shattering revelations. TSN knows how much of their audience is repeat viewership and it has to be high. He doesn't need to explain (for minutes on end) why TOP is good EVERY SINGLE GAME that there is a lopsided TOP.

DM83

I don mind Suitor, as he." Had been there and done that." The other guy is a suck up, with no sport background it seems. At worst I would expect the commentators to watch and comment on the players with their bios, or maybe a couple lines in each guy.(  The guys on CJOB are rediculous. )

In American sports shows and most network broadcasts, they seem to have people research the players, team, or whatever. So when they are on air they have something to talk about.

On TSN their standards have slipped. Now because a couple of these play by play guys, are nerds, the conversation talks about un sport topics.  When Bob was on air we could always turn the tv sound off and listen to Bob.

As I said the guys on CJOB football shows are ignorant

Jesse

Quote from: DM83 on August 02, 2024, 02:14:36 PMI don mind Suitor, as he." Had been there and done that." The other guy is a suck up, with no sport background it seems. At worst I would expect the commentators to watch and comment on the players with their bios, or maybe a couple lines in each guy.(  The guys on CJOB are rediculous. )

In American sports shows and most network broadcasts, they seem to have people research the players, team, or whatever. So when they are on air they have something to talk about.

On TSN their standards have slipped. Now because a couple of these play by play guys, are nerds, the conversation talks about un sport topics.  When Bob was on air we could always turn the tv sound off and listen to Bob.

As I said the guys on CJOB football shows are ignorant

lol, Dusty is so much better than Suitor.
My wife is amazing!

Pete

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on August 02, 2024, 04:16:56 AMFord is friggin dynamic. He needs a longer term contract here!
Completely agree

ichabod_crane

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on August 02, 2024, 01:55:54 PMHonest question: do Neilson and Suitor drink in the booth?

Suitor must be in his 60's by now as he was playing when I was early 20's.

As long as he does not go off on crazy tangents like the man crush episode of a country singer like Keith Urban in GC 2019 I am OK with him!  He flip flops for sure, but I think all announcers or analysts do that.