Week 7 - Other Games: EDM@OTT TOR@HAM BC@CGY

Started by TecnoGenius, July 19, 2024, 11:25:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TecnoGenius

Quote from: dd on July 22, 2024, 12:22:14 AMHow does #52 not get that call right?? Good thing command centre stepped in, that's a TD the Stamps would have been robbed on

To be fair to that ref, watching live I thought it was a pushed-out catch-but-OOB too.  Lots of feet in the field of vision, and the margin was very small.  Glad command got it right.  Glad within 3 mins all potential scoring plays reviewed.

Great catch.  For our team's sake, let's hope The Other Philpot doesn't turn into his brother!

CGY is pounding the poop out of BC in the first half.  How many BC guys injured or hurtin' already?  They may still be very beat up by the team we play them.  If I'm a BC fan, I'm worried about VAJ's internal injuries.  Looks like VAJ is channeling his best Strev stoicism.  Might be harder for that tiny little guy to keep that up.
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: dd on July 22, 2024, 12:25:03 AMI thought it was a spear for sure. The Qb is in the motion of throwing and you come in and drill him with your helmet, that's a spear everyday, except today in Calgary

I did the ol' computer PVR magic on it and it was a perfect form tackle.  Looks like a helmet-lead hit live for sure.  But slow mo it's a great tackle, leading with the shoulder, head off to the side.

Wow, CGY #73 is a monster DT and we need to find a way to steal him away!  3-man rush regularly getting through to VAJ!

CGY studied the '23 WDF for the Hall masterclass on how to beat VAJ, and it's working great in the 1st half!  VAJ is as flustered and rattled as he was 9 months ago.  Funny how BC, VAJ and their OC have no answers (so far) when this starts happening.
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: dd on July 22, 2024, 01:35:05 AMSafety it is!!

That's wild!  I can't remember the last time a team got a safety via an EZ hold.  I can't remember one in a decade.

P.S. Refs often let that "hold" slide.  Knock down was fine.  Maybe he held him a sec getting up.  Technically it's not a horrible flag, but 8 of 10 times refs let that go.
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

See Patterson & Regina... THAT is how you kill the last 5s of clock and throw the freaking ball away well before the D gets to you!!

As for the game: fun game to watch.  Watching meh-level CGY take BC down a notch is always fun.  Watching VAJ implode is always fun... did he swing his a helmet at anyone??

BC mega beat up.  VAJ & McInnis majorly hurting.  CGY getting beat up too.  Both of our W rivals much weakened after this.  Might linger into our upcoming BC game.

CGY used the '23 WDF as the template for flustering VAJ.  "Bad VAJ" showed up today.  BC OL showing some major flaws, very surprising.

Slow & steady Maier won the day over peacock VAJ.  Maier might have been the fantasy-QB pick of the week!

AND the fact we just beat CGY shows that maybe we're not as bad as we think.  Transitive property means we beat BC!  (for the math nerds out there, all 1 of them)
Never go full Rider!